PDA

View Full Version : about beads not knitting but you guys are always so helpful!

Lola Mae
11-02-2007, 04:10 PM
i need to get some big round clear glass or plastic beads.

i dont think it should be all that hard to find...but for some reason it has been.......

i find faceted ones, and some that are too small, and lots pearl like ones and wooden ones that would be perfect if they were CLEAR!

i just want a clear bog round bead, like a marble, but with a hole!

does anyone know where to get that?

iwfinley
11-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I have been beading for 15 or so years, visit a wonderful bead shop about an hour away in Columbus but on vacation have often sought out local bead shops to buy something to make as a souvenir of the vacation. You might try looking in your phone book for a bead store -- they will likely have what you are looking for or know how to get it. As far as major chains go, JoAnn, Michael's and Hobby Lobby all carry pretty decent selections of beads but I would still recommend a bead store if you are looking for something specific. It would help if you could tell them what diameter bead you are looking for in millimeters -- that's how they are generally measured and the way to measure them is across the widest part, not all the way around in a circle. I hope that helps!!!

susanc
11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
You might trying looking online. There are several great sources for beads: Fire Mountain Gems, Shipwreck Beads, and tons of others. It is hard to find the ones you are looking for at regular craft stores; their selection is not good at all. Try the internet if you don't have any good bead stores in your area. Good luck!

tasknitter
11-03-2007, 12:01 AM
my favourite online beads are on mosterslayer.com, sounds like a wierd name but have a look!!

tasknitter
11-03-2007, 12:02 AM
i meant monsterslyer.com of course!!!

tasknitter
11-03-2007, 12:04 AM
i'm trying type with a squirming 2 year old on my lap i'll try one last time! monsterslayer.com