PDA

View Full Version : Knitting is taking over my house..

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Okay, as I've mentioned before - I'm a fairly beginner knitter. Although I started knitting over a year ago, I only get to knit every once in a while (usually I go a month or more before picking up my knitting due to my horendous schedule), so I'm truly like a new knitter. So why is it:
1.) I'm so addicted and obsessed with everything knitting (no other craft I do has gotten me this addicted)
2.) My knitting supplies have taken over my entire house
3.) I'm having trouble finding functional, but decorative storage for my knitting supplies (I despise plastic bins and 'grandmaesque' storage devices!)

?????? :knitting:

Is this just a rite of passage for a new knitter? Or am I totally OCD with my knitting?

chillawilla
11-03-2007, 04:07 PM
You need more knitting time.:teehee:

You're also preaching to the choir here. Welcome to the habi..er..hobby.

:knitting::mrgreen:

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 04:10 PM
You need more knitting time.:teehee:

You're also preaching to the choir here. Welcome to the habi..er..hobby.

:knitting::mrgreen:

If only I could get more knitting time! I would LOVE that!

KnittingNat
11-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Make yourself a rule - every day before bedtime, you knit for 10 minutes:hug:. It's not a lot, but it's something. Unfortunately, i can't really help with the storage question, as part of my stash is in a plastic sort of thing (5 drawers (sp?) on wheels) and the rest is waiting for the plastic bins to be bought. You could just use a cupboard and place everything inside it. You can search the forum for storage, there were many threads on that subject, even with pictures. HTH

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Make yourself a rule - every day before bedtime, you knit for 10 minutes:hug:. It's not a lot, but it's something. Unfortunately, i can't really help with the storage question, as part of my stash is in a plastic sort of thing (5 drawers (sp?) on wheels) and the rest is waiting for the plastic bins to be bought. You could just use a cupboard and place everything inside it. You can search the forum for storage, there were many threads on that subject, even with pictures. HTH
Perhaps I will make that my New Year's resolution - to knit EACH and EVERY day! Not getting to knit really hurts my progress and keeps me at a beginner level!

Plantgoddess+
11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
I have some yarn stored in extra kitchen cabinets bought many years ago that were originally used as linen storage in a bathroom. I have more stored in extra dressers. I would think an armoire would work well. I have my handknit sweaters stored in mine.
Cedar trunks might also work well.