PDA

View Full Version : One knitting accessory you can't live without?

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 04:08 PM
What is the one knitting accessory you can't live without? For me - it is my row counter. I'm still such a beginner and sometimes I can't tell by looking at my work what row I am on. And since I put my work down for months at a time, it's a real time saver!

dreamsherl
11-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I have to have my row counter. I keep several of them going at any ponit in time. With my row counters I can stop making tally marks everywhere. :)

shortnsweetly
11-03-2007, 04:48 PM
I can't live without my novelty needles. I enjoy knitting so much more when I use my rainbow needles or ones with a cool topper like little sheep or just all kinds of things. I guess I'm less practical!

Lieke
11-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I think that'll be my row counter, although I don't use it on all my projects. I do use it on projects where it's hard to keep track on which row you are, especially when I have to knit a front and back separate.(so no circular knitting, but sewing up) I want them identical, so I keep track of the precise row where I started something on. (like decreases for the armholes)

Now I'm writing about it, I haven't seen my row counter in a while...

CountryKitty
11-03-2007, 05:29 PM
My BAG!

I have a backpack style denim purse with decorative belt loops and pockets and an embroidered band--it's just big enough for a medium-sized project, an intruction booklet/magazine/book, a couple skeins, and a pair of needles. A 6x10" zipper pocket can accomodate small scissors and safety pins (which I use to mark rows), a notebook, and a pen.

It keeps my current project neat (if I left my knitting on the couch or desk the cats would sleep--and SHED--on it) and mobile (goes everywhere with me) and holds ONLY what I need for that project (Otherwise I'd carry way to much stuff with me, LOL).

_________
{=^;^=}

iwfinley
11-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Definitely my knitting counter! My iPod is a close second, because with music and knitting I can just drift away to a quieter place -- nice when you are the mom/stepmom to five boys. . . . . . . . . :woohoo:

Mommy22alyns
11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Stitch markers, followed very closely by my row counter.