PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP on DBL Knit Hotpad pattern!!

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 08:25 PM
:wall: Okay, after reading that someone else was going to tackle this pattern, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm SO lost. I watched the video and it seems pretty straight forward - except she's on the last row and I'm an inexperienced knitter. I'm very confused by the chart. I've never read a chart before. I finished up the part of the pattern that is written out for Row 1 and Row 2. Do I begin on row 3 of the chart or the 1st row of the chart now? Also, how do I read this chart? Do I start at the bottomr right and move left? Do I always start at the right and move left (I read this on a knitting site - not this one) or do I work right to left, turn work, and then move left to right?

ARGH! I love this site and I am so grateful for the terrific videos, but obviously I'm a little dense yet. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me! ;) :frog:

knitpurlgurl
11-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh - FYI: The first two rows I knitted (the written out instruction rows) look like a massive peppering of red and white. Is this normal or have I really botched this up? Thanks!

isabeau
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
The first questions fot answered on the other post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69088), though you can always follow up if you're unclear on something :)

In terms of the first two rows, that's pretty normal for where it's close to the needle and close to the beginning. The stitches on the needle are alternating R and W; in the final project they will show up as two separate sides of the fabric, with the stitches in parallel rather than in sequence. (Just make sure that you're alternating knit/purl, and alternating the colors, and it should work out.)