PDA

View Full Version : Stash organizing, I'm proud of me!

The.Knitter
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I have one of those Rubbermaid tubs with a lid. I had all my knitting, cross stitch and any other pattern I had in that. Tonight I decided that I could probably put them in a cardboard box as they are safe up on a shelf. I took the Rubbermaid tub and went all over the house collecting my "stash". I made balls of all part skeins of yarn. I put colours together. I put all "matching" balls together. I organized. I am so proud of me. Now my whole stash (including the balls left over from the UFO in the other sealed box) is in one place, safe and dust free, instead of little plastic grocery bags and plastic garbage bags. You people are inspiring me. Thanks once again!

:yay: :roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: :yay: :roflhard::yay: :roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: :yay: :roflhard: :yay:

stirsmommy
11-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Way to go!:thumbsup: I have been trying to organize myself a bit but I way underestimated my yarn so the plastic three drawer thing I bought has yarn sitting all over it. I did go around and collect my projects and lined them up with their bags and put them next to the drawers. That makes me kind of organized doesn't it????

knitgal
11-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Wow! Good for you. I just got onto Ravelry and I haven't tackled my stash yet because I'm scared of what's in there! There's not nearly as much as most people, but it's still intimidating. Maybe you'll influence me and I'll go start stash organizing..but not likely.

The.Knitter
11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Way to go!:thumbsup: I have been trying to organize myself a bit but I way underestimated my yarn so the plastic three drawer thing I bought has yarn sitting all over it. I did go around and collect my projects and lined them up with their bags and put them next to the drawers. That makes me kind of organized doesn't it????

Sure it makes you organized. I am doing this because I was hunting for yarn to do a baby outfit for someone. The yarn I have is worsted not DK so it is not going to do, darn it!

Wow! Good for you. I just got onto Ravelry and I haven't tackled my stash yet because I'm scared of what's in there! There's not nearly as much as most people, but it's still intimidating. Maybe you'll influence me and I'll go start stash organizing..but not likely.

You never know... perhaps you'll find it is easier than it looks. Mine sure was. I thought I had way more than I do. Hmmmmm, perhaps it's time to refill the "stash" now that I know what is there. I usually just wait until I am planning a project and buy whatever it takes.

Anyways, I patted myself on the back and asked for the credit card to buy the baby yarn. Guess I'll have to put on the fancy nitie tonight. The things I do for my addiction!!! I wonder if I can sneak in a fingerless glove afterwards......

:aww:

Plantgoddess+
11-04-2007, 11:08 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

knitgal
11-04-2007, 01:13 PM
The fancy nightie? I love it! haha, yarn addiction can make you do crazy things!

The.Knitter
11-04-2007, 01:46 PM
The addiction does NOT make me do crazy things. The man who holds the purse strings makes me do crazy things to get the apparatus for the addiction. The addiction is HEAVENLY. Oh well, I'm off to Mary Maxim, be back later.....

debinoz
11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm half organized! I have one of those HUGE tubs with a lid crammed full of partial skeins and leftovers, but all my full skeins are in baskets, bags and sacks sitting in a pile. I think I might need another one!

hocns
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
My knitting stash takes up a large part of my sewing room, also a goodly portion of my piano room. it's been a long, long time since I could keep my stash in a Rubbermaid tote. It's taking over the house.

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I only WISH I could afford that kind of stash. There have been so many times when I have "gotten the urge" to knit something but not had the stash or the money to buy the yarn. My dream is to have a stash I could raid any time I feel the urge to start a new project. Perhaps one fine day I will win the lottery and then "WATCH OUT LYS here I come"!

Silver
11-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Congrats on your organization!

I did that once upon a time, but over the months of reaching in and messing up my organization, everything is back in it's place labeled under "miscellaneous".