PDA

View Full Version : Corrections for 101 DESIGNER One Skein Wonders

New Girl
11-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I have found the corrections page for the first OSWs book, but am unable to find the corrections for the latest edition. Does anyone know this link? I have looked on the publishers web site, but not found it very helpful.

Jan in CA
11-04-2007, 03:34 PM
If it's a new book they may not have them up yet, or may not have any reported yet. You could contact the publisher and ask maybe.

suzeeq
11-04-2007, 03:59 PM
A later edition will usually have all the corrections corrected, so there may not be any errors.

boo1
11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
A later edition will usually have all the corrections corrected, so there may not be any errors.

How do you know if you have a later edition?

As a new knitter, I struggle sometimes with just the basics. I bought the 101 Designer One-Skein and now I'm hesitant to pick it up and try some of the patterns (although it's not like I have time to do everything I've already got going on anyway). But still....that's frustrating. I would assume that I had done something wrong. Crochet-yeah, I could figure out that it was me, but...

Anyway, hope to know!

suzeeq
11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
In the front it may say 2nd or 3rd edition, or you can tell by the copyright dates. If there's more than one year, it's probably a subsequent edition.

boo1
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
So, does anyone know which patterns have mistakes in them? At least I could avoid those. Or, if you don't know which have mistakes, does anyone know which ones don't? (I know I'm difficult, but I'm a newbie, I make enough mistakes of my own!)

I really like the way the book is laid out, with patterns by yarn weight.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Laura

suzeeq
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Okay, we may be talking about 2 books here... There's OSW and 101 designer OSW. I was confused when the OP wrote `latest edition'. The 2nd book does not have the same patterns as the first, so it is not the 2nd edition of the first one. There may not be any corrections available yet for the 2nd one. I suggest trying to email the author, Judith Durant.

New Girl
11-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Boo1,

I understand completely. The eyelet shrug pattern is not correct. I posted the pattern here and the 2 repondents were just as confused as I was. I even took it to my local knit shop and asked not only the owner, but the lead knit instructor to look at the pattern and tell me what I was doing wrong. If they can't figure it out, I'm a goner. Just trying to say that I'm with you; too new to be able to determine what I am doing wrong and not always able to correct it if I identify an error.

New Girl
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Where might I find a contact email for her?

suzeeq
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Perhaps at the publisher's website. She helped found IK magazine and they may have a contact for her.

myrnapap
12-23-2007, 05:16 PM
I've found errors in the Honey Tangerine Scarf in One Skein Wonders. I found the email of the contributor by doing an internet search on the store name. They answered and said to just fudge it. I'm not good enough at this to 'fudge' and I don't want to. I'm very frustrated. Had I realized this, I never would have bought this book. There are just too many errors.