PDA

View Full Version : Lornas Laces sheperd sport

*KnitPixie*
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
To anyone who has worked with this yarn before is it good yarn? I just came across it. They have gorgous colorways and I fell in love with the color Devon:heart: . I love all shades of teal and blue. What size needle do you generally use when knitting socks in sport weight? Is this a good price? So any adviice or opinions welcome

Ingrid
11-05-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm working on a blanket in Lorna's Laces worsted and it's heavenly!

Come to think of it, I made a pair of socks with the thinner yarn, as well--black purl color. It's great yarn. I think I used a 3 needle for the socks I made.

geekgolightly
11-05-2007, 08:16 AM
i love it! it's not all that expensive for the quality you get. :heart:

cftwo
11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm using it for the Soleil Tank and I'm loving working with it. It is so soft. I think I'm using 4s.

feministmama
11-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I made sock with it (yup haven't finished the second one yet) and I :heart: this yarn. Too bad its so durn expensive

mom 3
11-05-2007, 01:47 PM
Besides socks, any ideas as to what to do with just one skein?

cftwo
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
There are about 150 yards per skein, I think. Is that enough to do wrist warmers? Depending on head size, it might also work for a hat.

jess_hawk
11-06-2007, 02:13 AM
I have 5 skeins of it on reserve at my LYS in the color Baltic...
Aren't the colors to DYE for!? (pun intended, yes, horrible, I know...)

luvknitting2
11-06-2007, 02:21 AM
i have several skeins of Lorna's Laces (probably about 10 of each) - both sock weight and dk and in different colors. i LOVE them. only thing is - i have not made anything with them yet, but i do have plans. they feel and look great. i am a real yarn hog - huge stash. i want to finish several scarves and 2 sweaters i'm making out of Malabrigo first and then the Lorna's laces yarn is next.

i'm actually trying to learn on dpns to make a pair of socks with them and got frustrated - not because of the yarn - it's great. but because of the needles - very clumsy - but everyone says on here to keep trying and it will get easier. i only did about 15 rows just to see if i could figure out the needles. I'll keep working on it.

i'm planning on making a dk weight scarf for a friend and i'm sure it will look/feel great.

monzogary
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Lorna's Laces is lovely to work with! Such pretty colors and the yarn is really nice.

Jan in CA
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
As soon as I can afford it I plan to make a sweater with it! It's so soft and the colors.. :inlove: