PDA

View Full Version : Thermacare Heatwraps-not OT

figaro
11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
I keep seeing this commerical for Thermacare Heatwraps for Arthritis suffers. It is made to wrap around your hand and relieve arthritis in your hand. The commerical shows it being used by a knitter. Here is the link http://www.thermacare.com/products-arthritis-hand-wrist.jsp. I use the ones for my back and it does work for me. I have see these ones in the store and they are about $9 for a box although I did not see how many are in a box.

I just thought I might post this in case anyone here might be able to use them.

luvknitting2
11-05-2007, 11:56 AM
wow - thx for letting me know about these. i've used the one's on my back before - and they sure work better than those smelly/burning rubs.

i can't wait until my local store has them in. i'll try them. i've carpal tunnel for 20 years and had surgery on my right hand already. so anything i can do to keep this under control - and of course to keep knitting - i'll try.:cheering:

suzeeq
11-05-2007, 12:30 PM
With CTS you'd want to ice the sore parts and put the heat on the tight muscles to relax them. Those spots are usually up by the elbow, both inner and outer arm. Poke around, you'll find them.

debinoz
11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Now if they'd just make some stretchy ones for finger joints/knuckles, I'd be set!

hocns
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Aren't these single use? With my knitting habit, they'd be using up a lot of my yarn money.

marykz
11-06-2007, 01:44 PM
they are single use- but you can get them at places like Costco or BJ's for a lot less. I love them. I use the ones for my back, knee and hands.

the previous poster is right that for something like CT you need ice first to reduce inflammation. I have different health issues where heat is most helpful.

I have seen reusable wraps where you "snap" a metal disk, then you boil the wrap to re-set the disk for next time, but I just don't like them. I also have microwavable rice packs, but the ones I have don't wrap and stay put. I guess I could make one like that.

the nicest thing for me about the thermacares is that they stay warm for 8 hours!! the reheatable packs only stay warm for 40 minutes or so.