PDA

View Full Version : FO: One Peekaboo Mitten

Lintu
11-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Okay, okay, I know one mitten shouldn't count as a FO---gotta have two! But I kind of messed up...in knitting tightly to avoid ladders in my dpn knitting, I botched the gauge, and this little sucker's about a half inch too short. Before I move on to the next one, is there a way to block that in some way, or anything?

If not, oh well---here's the pic anyway!

Brandy_m
11-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't know about your question, but wanted to tell you it looks great!!

momwolf
11-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Depends on what type of yarn you used.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_5_104.gif

Jaxhil
11-06-2007, 07:31 AM
:cheering: OOooh, I love your mitten!! Such a pretty color, and great job on the "peekaboo" part :p

I think (if its not all acrylic or synthetic) you could block it if need be. Or you could just knit the other one tightly too :teehee:

Anyway, it really looks good!

dustinac
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
It looks great... I love the peekaboo Mittens :happydance:

Lintu
11-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks! :)

I made it in leftover Lamb's Pride...apparently I'm not the only one who should have added extra rows. A lot of people reported being about a half inch short! It's not THAT bad...it just makes the cuff creep up a little. Since I don't think I have enough of that color to make the second one, maybe I'll take that one as a practice and make a pair in another color.

ah
11-07-2007, 01:29 AM
It looks good. If it's wool, it seems like you could block it a bit bigger.

Yarnlady
11-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Mine (http://lizzysends.blogspot.com/2007/10/on-road.html#links) was short, too. I frogged back and added some more rounds. I also did a star decrease as I like mittens with a round top. They are a gift for a guy friend that has bigger hands than mine.

jennylozano
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
It looks good, and reminds me I need to star my own mittens SOON!! I have a question about the peekaboo opening... does it really keep closed while your fingers are inside the mitten?? thanks!!

Lintu
11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes, it does stay closed as long as you made the correct size. If I try to tug the mitten down too much, it opens up, but otherwise it stays pretty nicely closed. I wore the one glove during my morning commute :D and it kept me nice and cozy.