PDA

View Full Version : UFO - Man's Aaron Knit Sweater

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Soooooooo, approximately seven years ago I started this sweater. I just loved the details but everyone I know said "she can't do that, it's way too hard for her". I got the back done, the front done to the neckline and I am stumped. Perhaps after Christmas I am going to finish this sweater just to show them all that I CAN do this and that nothing is "too hard" if you put your mind to it (I hope).

This poor sweater has been sitting in a box in storage for six years now. I think this is the first time I have taken it out since someone lovingly told me "don't worry about it, we told you it was too hard for you to knit". Maybe some in here can help me when I decide to take it back up and finish the UFO. I am DETERMINED to FINISH THIS SWEATER (evenutally)!!!!!

It's a little wrinkled from sitting folded in a storage box but you get the idea of how detailed the pattern is from this picture.

Have a look........

msmelody
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
That looks very beautiful. You CAN do it, and the people here will help you every step of the way that you need.

Riss
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Wow... beautiful. Can't wait to see more! If there is anything we can do to help.. just ask :)

monzogary
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
That is a gorgeous sweater! I'll bet you can finish it, just ask for help.

Jen17
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
DON'T ever let anyone tell you, you can't do something!!!:yay: Of course you can, if you really want to! Do you really like this sweater enough to continue?;) There is nothing worse than knitting something you don't like, whether it is because of the pattern or yarn or color!

If you still want to show them that you CAN do it, but aren't really crazy about this sweater, pick something else that is beautiful and challanging, then show them and say SEE!:-P

Everyone here will help you in anyway:grphug:

Jen

P.S. do you HAVE the pattern?:grphug:

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 12:46 PM
DON'T ever let anyone tell you, you can't do something!!!:yay: Of course you can, if you really want to! Do you really like this sweater enough to continue?;) There is nothing worse than knitting something you don't like, whether it is because of the pattern or yarn or color!

If you still want to show them that you CAN do it, but aren't really crazy about this sweater, pick something else that is beautiful and challanging, then show them and say SEE!:-P

Everyone here will help you in anyway:grphug:

Jen

P.S. do you HAVE the pattern?:grphug:

Oh yes, I have everything packed neatly away into a sealed Rubbermaid tub. The needles, pattern, the book I was keeping notes in, the pen I was using, even the cable needle I was using is in there. No problem with that. Yes, I like the sweater, the colour and the pattern. I was making it for a man, but hey! I think when it's done I will keep it for myself. After seven years, it's a part of me.

KnittingNat
11-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Ithink it's a gorgeous pattern and you CAN do it:thumbsup:! And don't let anyone tell you different :hug:

GiddyKnitter
11-06-2007, 01:24 PM
You will finish that sweater no fear!!
You will prove to those who said you couldn't do it wrong..go girl xxx

scout52
11-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Well poo poo to them. I think its gorgeous. who the heck to they think they are to tell you that you can't. finish it and we will be here cheering you all the way:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

debinoz
11-06-2007, 03:18 PM
I, as well as the rest of us here, are ready and willing to help whenever you get ready to go again. Nothing irritates me more than someone telling me I can't do something. We can't wait to help you prove them wrong, even if it's just cheering you along!

KnittingCommuter
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Sweater is gorgeous and does remind of the Berroco Alan pattern that I am knitting for my grandson (also in a shade of green). I hope the answer re Moss Stitch in another thread here helps you to finish your UFO. If you can't find the sarakate's explanation to me on KR, let me know and I will enter it here in its entirety. It is really well thought out. Wish I were such a clear thinker!! Good Luck on the UFO and let us see the finished pictures!!

DQ
11-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Looking great so far! You can do it!! :yay:

Arielluria
11-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I think it's beautiful and you MUST show them. It's so satisfying to prove someone wrong when they put you down that way!

You've got the hardest / largest parts done already, now get to those sleeves and you could have it done by Christmas maybe?!? ;)
:hug:

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I think it's beautiful and you MUST show them. It's so satisfying to prove someone wrong when they put you down that way!

You've got the hardest / largest parts done already, now get to those sleeves and you could have it done by Christmas maybe?!? ;)
:hug:

I am going to leave this one alone until after Christmas, but you bet your booty I AM going to finish it. I am sure I will be calling on all of you for help.

Arielluria
11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
By the looks of what you have accomplished so far, I don't think you'll need any help ;) But KHers are always happy to help a fellow knitter out.
:flirt:

I'm dying to make an Aran sweater ;) I like your choice of color, people always make them in white for some reason!

Ingrid
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Of course you can do it! Look at what you've done so far! It's beautiful, and you deserve to wear it.

You KNOW there's always someone around to help. :thumbsup:

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
By the looks of what you have accomplished so far, I don't think you'll need any help ;) But KHers are always happy to help a fellow knitter out.
:flirt:

I'm dying to make an Aran sweater ;) I like your choice of color, people always make them in white for some reason!

I'm stuck on a few things. I will take a look after the holiday season and rush and stuff is all over with and people can help me with the many questions I am sure I will have. For now I am knitting something else.

I wanted the person to be able to wear this with jeans or dress pants, so I made it blue!

Thanks again!

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Of course you can do it! Look at what you've done so far! It's beautiful, and you deserve to wear it.

You KNOW there's always someone around to help. :thumbsup:

I also have the front done, up to the part where you put the center stitches onto the holder for the neck band. I got lost from there but I will find my way back.

Thanks!

Songbirdy
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
That is beautiful! I am happy you are going to give it another go!

Now I feel slightly ashamed for not wanting to finish off my vest back! Your knitting is great!

The.Knitter
11-06-2007, 08:21 PM
That is beautiful! I am happy you are going to give it another go!

Now I feel slightly ashamed for not wanting to finish off my vest back! Your knitting is great!

I have to give it another go. I am too close to being finished it to just let it go. Imagine frogging the whole back AND 3/4 of the front??? NOT! I am determined that one day I will finish this UFO.

Don't be ashamed of yourself. If you were not happy with it then it is a sure thing you would not wear it so why bother?

This UFO on the other hand came out so well that I don't want to frog it!

Thanks!