PDA

View Full Version : Blew an instructor's mind with KIP....

CountryKitty
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
OK, so last week was the last Monday of the year that was likely to be warm enough to ride my motorcycle to my Monday evening English. So I show up to class a litttle early as usual, sit down at the table in the hall (the rooms with computers stay locked til the teacher arrives), and pulled out my knitting.

As I was sitting there another instructor walked up and paused for a moment. He looked at my boots, my leather jacket, my helmet on the table, and the little pink and white baby blanket that I was knitting for a classmate.

Then he shook his head, grinned and announced, "A biker babe...knitting cute little baby things--that just blows my mind. And I know you did it deliberately!":)

ecb
11-06-2007, 07:39 PM
LOL, I get that sometimes

"Wait a min, how can you be GAY? You Knit, you have kids, you teach people"

ecb

colleenm
11-06-2007, 09:36 PM
That's completely priceless! Thanks for sharing this awsome story!

dakatzmeow
11-06-2007, 11:03 PM
awesome!

msmelody
11-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Love not being the norm. Congrats for stretching someone's mind.

msoebel
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I was knitting on the bus this weekend to youth convention. One of the teens who apparently hasn't seen me do it before, said, "Oh, what are you doing?" I said I was knitting.

She gave me a double take and said, "BUT knitting is for old people! You're only 29! You can't knit!"

Of course for all the trouble, she sat and watched me for two hours and kept telling me how cool it was...meanwhile, I was only knitting stockinette in the round...so only knit stitches!

I also taught a friend of mine to knit on the same bus. He's a mechanic, a biker and a carpenter. He LOVES knitting...it makes sense to him. :cheering:

Knitting_Guy
11-07-2007, 12:02 PM
:roflhard:

Songbirdy
11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
These stories are all great! I never get any about knitting as I am rarely out in a way that would allow for KIP-ping.

I get a lot more comments questioning my age. Or that I am a parent. Apparently I don't act my age or act as a parent!

Anyhow! Thanks for the laugh!:teehee:

Sharly
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Really cute! To heck with sterotypes!!!:yay: