PDA

View Full Version : Interweave Knits Qiviuk Webs Tam (and Scarf) KAL

jess_hawk
11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I have been looking for the perfect tam for four years now. I have been looking for the perfect qiviut (aka quiviuk) pattern since August. I picked up the Holiday edition of IK and there it was, the Quiviuk Webs Tam. http://www.interweaveknits.com/holiday/holidaygifts/gifts_preview.asp
I know, I know, most of you don't have a ball of qivuik nestled in your stash, mocking you, "You can't make anything worthy of ME," as I do. THAT'S OK!!!! Its laceweight yarn, very light, so you can substitute whatever you have. Or, if you're a yarn snob or just want to try some absurdly expensive yarn, let me know and I'll point you in the direction of some places that sell it online or by phone order. Its so yummy and soft...
I won't be starting the pattern myself until I finish up the dog sweater, but I would love someone to join me in knitting this. Please? Pretty please?

Lady Violet
11-06-2007, 10:43 PM
i l:inlove:ve the tam and scarf, and i even have some yarn i want to use for them. the only problem is, they're for me and i have too much christmas knitting to do before i can start them. i should probably get the needles first, too. :teehee:
i will definitely be watching this KAL until i can actually join. :shifty:

jess_hawk
11-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I got lucky this year and don't have much Christmas knitting to do (and what I have is easy) so I can take the time to do the tam for myself.
Join when you can!!!