PDA

View Full Version : Knitting gloves on circular needles

maggie c
11-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Hello! I'm new to posting but have been knitting for a few years now. I love it and am addicted to it.

Right now I'm knitting fingerless gloves on circular needles. The patterns has a cable pattern on needle one, needle two is for the thumb and needle three is the back side of the glove.

Usually on circulars you move the stitches from one needle to another as you knit to prevent what would appear as a 'running' hole.

On this pattern though they don't tell you to do that and given both the cables and the thumb I'm not sure you would do that. BUT now I've got this gap between the needles.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jan in CA
11-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Try tightening the first two stitches and when you hold the needles make sure you are keeping the needles close to each other.

You could also use two circular needles or magic loop instead, they don't create the ladders as much.

redwitch
11-08-2007, 03:13 AM
You can move stitches around, you just need to be able to remember what stitches to work where. You might find one or three stitch markers help with this, but you don't need them if you are capable of looking at your knitting and seeing that you need to do x here because it's the thumb and it's an even row... or whatever.
Or you can move just a few stitches back and forth without changing the positioning drastically.