PDA

View Full Version : Knitter's Bracelets...

kkatt82
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Has anyone tried these (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7666277)?

I've been looking at them for a while now. I always get lost on my count of my rows and it drives me crazy. I know I could just get a row counter or do tick marks on a piece of paper but I think these bracelets are really cool... I just would like to know how other people like them?

Thanks!

iwfinley
11-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Wow, that's really pretty, but it looks kind of scary complicated to me!!!! I'm all about the good old fashioned row counter that I keep on my needle -- what if you take the bracelet off? Does it keep its place?? Pretty as a piece of jewelry, though!!!!

debb
11-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I posted about these below, they are my current obsession. They are lovely and they work great.

lelvsdgs
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I posted about these below, they are my current obsession. They are lovely and they work great.

Love your icon... I saw your post about these earlier and glad to hear they work so well...

redwitch
11-08-2007, 03:08 AM
I like the ones i have used and made. I like to have matching stitch markers and earrings so I and my knitting all match. And I always like to be able to customise things to my preference for size, colour, etc. They do keep their place when put down. I do recommend though that if you use ones where the beads on different strands are the same, that you put a dangle on one end, or mark it in some way so that you can always keep it on the same side, otherwise you could put it down and wonder whether you are on row 66 or 33 (you only need 9 beads per row not 10).

They are always right there, you just push a bead with one hand, you don't have to look at your paper and pick up a pen or fiddle with a clicker or turned holder, just a brief touch of your wrist at the end of each row.

Debkcs
11-08-2007, 05:29 AM
The color is beautiful, and it looks quite efficient.
But::roll:

Malaysia jade balances body chemistry so anxiety disappears and you are calm and centered. It also creates a joyous, peaceful feeling when you wear it.
I'd be happy for it just to look good and help me not lose my place.

Thanks for the heads up on where to order one.

MAmaDawn
11-08-2007, 08:27 AM
How does this work?

kkatt82
11-08-2007, 08:33 AM
They are always right there, you just push a bead with one hand, you don't have to look at your paper and pick up a pen or fiddle with a clicker or turned holder, just a brief touch of your wrist at the end of each row.

Thanks! I think I'm gonna break down and get one. Once I figure out how to work it I may attemot making my own in different colors :)

candicane
11-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I still don't get it.... how does the bead you moved stay in place when you move your arm? Or are you supposed to take it off when using it? It seems that if you bump it, you'll lose your place! I think I'll stick with my locking row counter (even though I love jewelry).

candice

redwitch
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
No you leave it on, as I said it holds its place when you take it off, you do however need to make sure you know which end is which as if you out it back the other way and don't keep track you could end up thinking 33 was actually 66. For example. But the toggles are different at each end, and you can add a bead dangle to orient yourself further.
As well as the two strands of beads (usually different colours), there is a little loop of elastic that goes around the 2 strands (you can see it in the pictures, I think it was off to the left). That is elasticated to the point that you can push a bead through but it won't happen otherwise. The beads can move around (in fact they need to) but they don't move their position relative to the elasticated loop unless you push them through the loop.

Sarah