PDA

View Full Version : needles??

elaineb
11-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm new here , and I'm new at knitting. I am working on my first pair of FT clogs. I spent the most part of the afternoon working on the outer sole-- 3xs to be exact! Finally after attaching it backward and inside out-- I got it lol! Anyway my circular needles are pretty terrible and I was wondering what are your favorites?
:hug:

iwfinley
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi -- if you look a little lower in this forum, I (a newbie here too) asked that same exact question this weekend and got a ton of answers! Look for a thread called "Need Opinions on Needles" -- lots of people said it is personal preference. . . . . . Good luck -- I still have not bought yet, but think I'm leaning toward trying a set of bamboo circulars to make a hat for my son!

redwitch
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
People who like metal circs seem to be extremely happy with the Knitpicks Options as a cheaper option than buying sets individually, and LOVE the quality, especially the easy-to-work-with flexible cords. I love my fixed circulars from them too.

elaineb
11-08-2007, 12:30 PM
People who like metal circs seem to be extremely happy with the Knitpicks Options as a cheaper option than buying sets individually, and LOVE the quality, especially the easy-to-work-with flexible cords. I love my fixed circulars from them too.
Thanks for the answer. I think I am going to give them a try but I was wondering if the join stays secured while knitting. I bought a different brand in Michaels craft stores and I was constantly adjusting it and once it even separated and I had to pick up the stitches. Not fun !! But I have to say that everything I read about the Options sound great and I love the idea of the flexible cord.Thanks again.