PDA

View Full Version : Options?

starburst
11-08-2007, 05:00 AM
I just have a quick question for people who use the options. I've been thinking about getting a set of interchangeable needles and I've heard a lot of good things about the options, but I'm allergic to nickel. I was just wondering if anyone out there had issues with the nickel plating on these needles?

janettle
11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
This recent thread asked about any allergies to the nickel plating on the Options. I don't think anyone was having problems with it, but it might be wise to buy just 1 pair of metal tips and 1 cable to see how you are affected. Good luck!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68690

gingerbread
11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I never gave that a thought about the nickle.:pout: I am so allergic to nickle if I walk pass anything in jewlery forget it rash.:roflhard: The options are great,I have had them for about a year now and nothing. So I say go for it.:p

starburst
11-08-2007, 11:56 PM
ah thanks! They look like such good needles, but I was concerned that I might have an attack if I used them. I need to track someone down who owns them and ask them to let me borrow em. How's this sound? "Hey uh...can I maybe, uh...you know...touch your needles? :roflhard:

I really think I chose the wrong hobby--not that I don't love knitting--but I'm allergic to bamboo (I know, random, especially considering my nickname is Panda), Wool, and Nickel. Darn, I guess I'll just have to stick to alpaca...haha