PDA

View Full Version : Spin off poll/survey question: Favorite yarns?

boo1
11-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Brand and type?

I'm all about splurging occasionally, but I dont' want to get burned. Since I'm new to knitting (and mostly crocheted with acrylic), when I go an a stash-enhancing expedition, I want to buy something I'll love.

So, let's hear it!

debb
11-08-2007, 12:21 PM
malabrigo, lorna's laces, blue sky cotton are a few i'm fond of

The.Knitter
11-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Caron Simply Soft.

janettle
11-08-2007, 12:29 PM
KnitPicks Swish Superwash -- I'm partial to machine washable yarns.

Lady Violet
11-08-2007, 12:32 PM
malabrigo is really the only splurging (ie non-acrylic) i've done so far, besides two balls of wool/bamboo that i got for a specific project but haven't knit up yet. malabrigo is a dream to knit with. in fact, i :heart: it so much that over the last month or so my mmmm stash has grown to eight hanks. :teehee:

i know for some people that's not very impressive, but i have a very limited budget right now, so that's definitely saying something.

monzogary
11-08-2007, 02:30 PM
I just made myself some fingerless gloves in Blue Sky Alpaca Melange. It's 100% baby alpaca and it is so soft and warm! The finished fabric is really soft and squishy, I just really love it!

SabrinaJL
11-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Caron Simply Soft, Knit Picks Swish Superwash, Plymouth Suri Merino, Patons SWS and Artyarns Regal Silk.

jdee
11-09-2007, 04:58 PM
I like plymouth Encore. It's affordable, soft, machine washable, and comes in lots of colors. Of course, you'll have to touch it for yourself to see if you like it. sometimes, I splurge on a more expensive yarn, if I'm going to make something small, like a pair of mittens or socks, but if I need lots of yarn for a project, I like a more affordable yarn. Vanna's choice is a soft acrylic, if you like more subdued colors. Caron simply soft is wonderfully soft, and has a little sheen to it that shows of stitches beautifully. There are just so many out there. You're going to have so much fun shopping for it. You know how some women go shopping for shoes, or a new outfit when they're feeling down. Instead, I yarn shop to cheer myself up. :)

Sunny_Singer
11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I love bernat's black lite yarns. They are so soft and thick and the patterns are beautiful!

knitgal
11-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I have yet to experience the mmmmm of Malabrigo, but I loved knitting with Manos Del Uruguay which I've heard is similar. I also absolutely love anything with alpaca...it's SO soft and luxuriant.

boo1
11-09-2007, 07:58 PM
You know how some women go shopping for shoes, or a new outfit when they're feeling down. Instead, I yarn shop to cheer myself up. :)

Oh, yes, I know all about that! :wink:

lelvsdgs
11-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Since I am allergic to wool, I tend to by acrylics or blends. I have been using Simply Soft and Bernat's Satin as well as Red Heart's Soft. I also have picked up some bamboo and corn fiber yarn but haven't worked that up yet.

Jeremy
11-10-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm knitting a shawl with Suri Blue. Its a combination of Blue faced Leister and alpaca. Beautiful colorway, very soft and reasonably priced.

jodstr2
11-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Socks That Rock LW, Koigu PPPM, Colinette Jitterbug, Noro Kureyon, SWTC Karaoke, Trekking XXL, Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo, LL Shepherd Sock, RYC Cashsoft 4 ply