PDA

View Full Version : How to read graph. Help

Northknitter
11-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I have forgotten how to read a knitting graph.
this is not for a Fair Aisle sweater ...it is a toddle cardigan.
Getting worried here re forgetting....age thing. yikes.

Boogs
11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
It does say on the graph that your first row reads from right to left, row 2 reads from left to right, row 3 from right to left and row 4 from left to right.

Ingrid
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
You read right-side rows from right to left; wrong side rows from left to right.

Start at the spot indicated for your size and piece, work the stitches before the 'repeat' and stop when you get to the other edge of the repeat. Only work the 'repeat' stitches until you have just enough stitches left to work the ones to the left of the dark line to finish the row.

On the back, just knit the knits and purl the purls. You really don't have to follow the chart, but if you want to, you work the same way, but from left to right. I'ts just knit/purl at on those sides, anyway.

Northknitter
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
You read right-side rows from right to left; wrong side rows from left to right.

Start at the spot indicated for your size and piece, work the stitches before the 'repeat' and stop when you get to the other edge of the repeat. Only work the 'repeat' stitches until you have just enough stitches left to work the ones to the left of the dark line to finish the row.

On the back, just knit the knits and purl the purls. You really don't have to follow the chart, but if you want to, you work the same way, but from left to right. I'ts just knit/purl at on those sides, anyway.
Thank you for the help,,,I want to make 24months...so I knit from the 24mo. but I am confused at the repeat part, and where to stop before I start the next row. ursula.

Ingrid
11-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Start at the 24 month spot, knit until you get to the end of the repeat box (the part in the dark square) and then start in the repeat box and only knit that section until there are 5 stitches on the needle. Then knit the final 5 that are outside the box.