PDA

View Full Version : Swish Worsted superwash for garment

knitqueen
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm thinking about the Oblique sweater (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATToblique.html) surprise from Knitty, and wondered if knitpicks Swish worsted would be appropriate for a garment. Is it soft? Does it pill? Have you used it and been happy with it?

I looked up the yarn used in the pattern, and it's about $10/ball, so at 13 balls needed for my size that would be a little tooooo expensive for my budget!! :shock:

threesmom
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I love that sweater! Glad you posted it - I'll add it to my ever growing list.

I'm using the swish for a baby blanket right now, and I have some for a sweater. I love knitting with it - it is soft and has nice spring-y-ness, and is just pleasant. Seems to drape well. I have heard it pills when washed - I think I even saw where others have called it "no wash" so I don't think I'd throw it in the washer. I didn't know that when I started the blanket :doh: , but I don't really regret it as it is nice to knit.

HTH!

Julie
11-09-2007, 12:30 PM
My mom made a beautiful aran cardigan for my DD with Swish...we haven't washed it a ton so I can't speak to the wear, really...but so far so good. It shows the pattern beautifully and is very soft and squooshy. I would definitely make a sweater for myself out of it. :thumbsup: