PDA

View Full Version : A "Bittersweet Knitting Night"

cheley
11-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone:muah: thought I would share this with all.. The charity knitting group that I was "volunteered "for a fews years ago had their annual "thank you" gathering this evening...I didn't want to attend (since my muse/neighbor) would not be with me for the first time...ever. (She got me started and has since passed on)...Suprisingly, I felt overwhelmed with happiness (also felt her presence) and the thanks from the VP and Pres of the hospital is such a reward...I didn't want to continue to "knit" (got the blues)but soo glad I continued and giving from the "heart". "She" was even mentioned. as I donated alot of stuff that she created before her passing, I miss her (93 years old when she left) and wish I would have known her 40 years ago...Thanks you guys for answering my questions...cause she not her anymore.....I'll keep on :knitting: :knitting:

mrslevite
11-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Big hugs to you!:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know sometimes it's hard to go to events like and I'm so glad you did. :yay:

Keep Knitting! :knitting:

Debkcs
11-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm sure she'd be happy to know that you are going to continue on with her work as it's one of the ways that she left a little bit of herself here.

Lisa R.
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Aw...that IS bittersweet. But I'm sure she'll be pleased to know you're continuing her legacy.