PDA

View Full Version : Just crocheted a small thing.

LuLandymore
11-09-2007, 12:20 PM
did a chain n then did the very first basic stitch i think single crochet??? I've done a few bits and cast off (thats probably not the right word)

What do i need to do now?

Boogs
11-09-2007, 03:06 PM
did a chain n then did the very first basic stitch i think single crochet??? I've done a few bits and cast off (thats probably not the right word)

What do i need to do now?

What are you trying to make?

LuLandymore
11-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Just trying to learn not make anything. What are the other basic things I should be learning?

Boogs
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Personally, I've always found it easier to learn how to do something by actually making something in particular but that's just me.

Are you learning UK or US crochet terms? I learnt US ones because that's where I was when I decided to start crocheting and, to be honest, I find that they make more sense than the UK ones.

There are a ton of free patterns available on the internet - they should say whether they are using UK or US terms - and a good place to start, either way, is crochetpatterncentral.com.

aprildavis99
11-09-2007, 06:08 PM
If you want to see videos of several different crochet stitches go to this site: www.nexstitch.com (http://www.nexstitch.com). It is very helpful. It shows not only the basic stitches, but some of the fancier ones also.

boo1
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
YouTube.com

Good luck! I find that crocheting is much eaiser and faster but I'm drawn to knitting (even though I basically stink at it!).