View Full Version : What is this scarf pattern called?????

11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Can anyone tell me where this pattern can be found and what the pattern is called. It's done on circular needles and it doesn't take very long to do. I think I saw this free pattern at a store but can't find it and would like a picture of it and the complete pattern....Here is the pattern and I hope it's all there..

The scarf pattern is done on a circular needle 80cm long and a size 6mm. Use at least an aran or thicker yarn approx 300m. I used the same yarn you used for your purse.

Cast on 110 st.
Row 1: Knit 1*yo K1 repeat from * to end of row
Row 2: and all even numbered rows: Purl
Rows 3 and 7: Knit
Row 5: K1* yo, K1, repeat from * to end of row
Row 9: same as row 5
Row 11: Knit
Cast off.
Spiral will form when you cast off.

11-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm, ruffle scarf or potato chip scarf? Something like that. And that's pretty much the complete pattern.

11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Corkscrew or spiral. I just attempted to make a corkscrew that started with 90 sts. It was pretty short, so I added some. By the time I got through with all the increase rows (3) I had almost 1600 sts on my needles.(3 sets of 36" circs) Each inc row doubles your sts. So whatever you do.... don't start with 200!!

11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Like this one. Could be same pattern.