PDA

View Full Version : I should knit one...

bip
11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I am going through a very annoying phase. For some reason, every single thing I realize I need, I first consider how I might be able to knit one. This sounds normal, except that I mean *every single thing*. Here is one not-so-crazy example. You know those gel wrist rests that go in front of your keyboard? Well, I need one, so what was my first thought? Yep, "I could knit one of those." Of course, my second thought is always, "How silly, I can buy one faster and it will be better."

I also need a table cloth, and my mind keeps deciding that I could knit one, but come on! Tat maybe, crochet maybe, sew definitely, but not knit. It would take ages and it wouldn't be anywhere near as nice as one that was tatted/crocheted/sewen or just BOUGHT at the store. (though I'm sure someone here will prove me wrong with a very nice knit table cloth they have made...)

I need a new set of full-sized bath towels, and I actually caught myself trying to calculate how much yarn would be needed. Now that is just ridiculous. I mean, hand towels sure. ONE special bath towel, maybe. But a whole set of full-sized towels? That is just silliness.

Those are just some examples. I know there are more that just aren't coming to me at the moment, and some are surely as silly as a felted frying pan. What silly things have you caught yourself thinking you should knit?

drummerboi202
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I've wanted to knit a shower curtain, a tissue box cover, a pillowcase, a pair of flip flops, a soap scrubbie (like the poofs you use in the shower), a cell phone cover, a notebook cover, a coffee pot cover (which is probably dangerous), a computer speaker cover, and lots of other ridiculous things.

tilllie
11-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow!!! A felted frying pan.......why didn't I think of that
:mrgreen:

bip
11-09-2007, 06:43 PM
How about a silk/mohair watering can?
A Big Noro swingset?
Cabled music stand?
Lace coffee mugs?
Malabrigo DVD cases?
Angora reading glass frames?
Karaoke car-cover?
Super-saver toothbrush holder?

MAmaDawn
11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
How about a silk/mohair watering can?
A Big Noro swingset?
Cabled music stand?
Lace coffee mugs?
Malabrigo DVD cases?
Angora reading glass frames?
Karaoke car-cover?
Super-saver toothbrush holder?

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

lelvsdgs
11-09-2007, 11:48 PM
So many ideas!!! I'm so glad that I am not the only one with this issue...