PDA

View Full Version : Photos on Ravelry?

madametj
11-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I know this has probably been asked a lot but i can't get these photos to load.
I have a Flickr account, I have the account name (madametj) spelled correctly in my profile, i've watched the photo help video and i've done everything its says to, but it still won't work.
After I click "edit photos" my flickr screen name does NOT appear next to the word "flickr," so i type my screenname into the flickr search engine and press go and....nothing. every time.
:hair:

Samsam
11-09-2007, 05:11 PM
hmm I don't know. Maybe when you type your username in there's a space after it so it doesn't register it, like madametj .

anyway when I finished reading your post I was about to add you on raverly...and ta da you aready did!
:poke: mindreader...

madametj
11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
hmm I don't know. Maybe when you type your username in there's a space after it so it doesn't register it, like madametj .

anyway when I finished reading your post I was about to add you on raverly...and ta da you aready did!
:poke: mindreader...

~sigh~, i made sure there weren't any spaces, still no luck.
i want to add my projects already! :wall:

madametj
11-09-2007, 06:16 PM
bump

Julie
11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Have you tried the Ravelry help forum? They're awesome :)

Julie
11-09-2007, 10:56 PM
I found this there:

Do you have your photos set to 'private'? Is your profile hidden from searches (check here: http://www.flickr.com/account/prefs/privacy/)? Are your photos hidden from public searches (check here: http://www.flickr.com/account/prefs/optout/)?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, please change your settings so that your photos and profile are public, otherwise Ravelry can't find them.

madametj
11-11-2007, 12:41 AM
I found this there:
thank you! i went to the help chat room and it turn out that thats what my problem was! my profile was set to private.
now i have my pics loading, but its chopping off the right side of them. :roll: its not a big deal though, just annoying.

Ingrid
11-11-2007, 01:01 AM
You can edit your photos. Run the cursor over them and you'll get a box to click on that will move the picture.

Julie
11-11-2007, 01:03 AM
All of the thumbnails in Ravelry are square...so if your pics are rectangular, they will get cropped. You can control what gets cropped though...if you mouse over the photo (on your project photo page) you can click and recenter them. And when someone clicks on your photo, and the photo viewer opens, they will see the entire image.