PDA

View Full Version : Okay so my ball winder was delevered yesterday...

cindygster
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
:cheering: And I was so anxious that I couldn't wait for my boyf to get home to hold my yarn hank for me while I wound...so, I tried to do it myself. Got about halfway through and wound up spending THREE HOURS on my kitchen floor, untangling 100yd of yarn as my cats stared at me in bewilderment.:hair: I love love LOVE the winder...it's awesome.:woot: But I'll NEVER again use it without a swift or another person to hold the yarn

iwfinley
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Oh my goodness -- what an adventure. If you'd been in my house my dog and cat would have been trying to play in the tangled yarn. I cannot leave any yarn accessible in any way to the two of them -- WIP must be safely zipped up in my knitting tote or else be open territory.

Enjoy your new winder -- with your BF's help!!

boo1
11-09-2007, 07:56 PM
too fast and it gets messy. (Learned the hard way!)

brendajos
11-09-2007, 08:14 PM
too fast and it gets messy. (Learned the hard way!)

are you talking about with a swift or without? i have never had the problem with it getting messy (unless the yarn is badly hanked :wall: )... but if you go to fast it CAN get too tight. Sometimes that is okay but there are some yarns that don't come out of the yarn cake very well if it is too tight.

boo1
11-10-2007, 08:42 AM
need to not go too fast. She has both, of course, but although she winds a little faster than me, she checks her speed.

cftwo
11-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Ask for a swift for Christmas!!

knitpurlgurl
11-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Cindygster-

I want to buy a winder and swift in the worst way! Which winder did you buy? I've heard Royal is good.

Also - I see you're from Ohio! Which part? I'm from NE Ohio.

mdog182
11-10-2007, 06:19 PM
i don't have a swift or a ball winder....this story reminds me of the first time i tried to ball up a hank and i didn't understand how it worked and ended up with a HUGE mess of yarn that i was determined to get untangled. my boyfriend found me passed out on our bed surrounded by tangled yarn. :rofl: