PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Mom!

McKnitty
11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Last weekend I was at my Mother's house and she asked me to show her how to knit. It was so much fun! We went to Hobby Lobby together and I helped her pick out the yarn and needles to do a garter stitch scarf.

We live in different states and I was only there for a couple of days, so we only had time to go over the long tail cast on and the knit stitch.

She is doing great and I'm so proud of her! She seems to really enjoy it too, which is the best part. I hope she stays with it.

An interesting note - My husband said that my Mother has the exact same 'knitting face' that I do. Not sure what that is, but he says it's something I do with my mouth when I'm knitting. I don't think I want to know!

Jan in CA
11-09-2007, 06:53 PM
That's wonderful! It's nice to have a common bond like that. :thumbsup:

iwfinley
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
That is excellent!! I just taught my 9 year old son to knit and we're going to knit together while we watch Ohio State Football later this afternoon. It's neat when you can share something so fun with someone you love!!!

bip
11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
How cool! My mom originally taught me to knit, but she had never really attempted anything difficult so I quickly surpassed her knowledge and now I teach her :) I recently turned her on to Silver's Sock class and magic loop.

I am so excited because there are only 75 (!) people ahead of her for Ravelry now.

mdog182
11-10-2007, 06:31 PM
awww how nice!!! i secretly wish for someone to genuinely want me to teach them how to knit. people have sorta asked but it doesn't seem serious.