PDA

View Full Version : Family Watch Dog

KnitClickChick
11-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Type in your address and this site pulls a list of criminals/sex offenders who live in your area. A little unnerving but good to know.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

auburnchick
11-10-2007, 06:33 PM
It's very important to keep up with this. We recently had a neighbor who was arrested on sex predator charges. This was a very upstanding citizen in our community, and my neighborhood is considered quite nice. My kids finally understood why I'm so strict about how far down the road they ride their bikes or play.

stitchwitch
11-10-2007, 08:11 PM
It's unreal how many pop up. Thankfully none around me. It's even more scary that for every one listed there are probably 10 that you don't know about. The nice man or woman at work, your kid's school, church, sports league, etc. At least these ones are out in plain view, it's the ones that are still hidden that scare me.

auburnchick
11-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Plus, the predators are responsible for notifying law enforcement every time they change their address or employer, etc... Many do not go in and make the changes, so when law enforcement gets around to checking on them, they have to hunt them down. So, oftentimes, the list is not completely accurate.

I used to work in our local Sheriff's office...I worked with the girl who registered sex offenders. It was unbelievable. Of course, you also have those who were maybe 21 and had consensual sex with an 18yo. They will be labeled a sex offender for good (barring unusual circumstances).

What a twisted world sometimes, eh?

:cry:

AnnaT
11-11-2007, 06:28 AM
Of course, you also have those who were maybe 21 and had consensual sex with an 18yo. They will be labeled a sex offender for good (barring unusual circumstances).

:cry:

I checked the area code where my parents live. This is a fairly rural area in Tennessee. I counted about 30 with convictions for rape (some of whom were convicted of statutory rape, could be like the situation you described above) and also 5 with convictions for offenses against children. Why are these people running around in society? :!!!:

Not only that, but you could see a concentration of the colored squares around the schools and parks, which are also marked. :!!!:

bailsmom
11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Aren't they supposed to be a certain distance from children and schools? Especially if they've attacked children? I typed in my old school address and there is one that is .27 miles from my old school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that legal?? Plus he's a 1st degree sex assult on a child!!!!!!

auburnchick
11-11-2007, 01:36 PM
You need to check with your state or local law enforcement agency. I'm not sure if there are standard, federal guidelines. But yes, they are supposed to be some distance away from churches and schools.