PDA

View Full Version : Knitting + Podcasts = <3

Matdredalia
11-10-2007, 09:15 PM
So, knitting, for me, tends to be a hobby where I need to be paying attention to my hands. While I'm sure with years of practice I'll be able to do other things while my hands work, right now, I need to focus.

I tend to be a multi-tasker, so I hate doing only "one thing" at a time. Thus, I was finding knitting a bit frustrating. So...I decided to try knitting while I listen to podcasts, and I have to say, it's great!

I listen to A LOT of podcasts because I have more interests than I can shake a stick at, not to mention I'm kind of trapped in the middle of the Ozark Mountains with no real connection to the outside world besides the internet, so podcasts are a great way to feel like I'm part of communities I'm interested in from a distance.

So, I'm curious: does anyone else listen to podcasts while they're knitting away?

And, if you do, what kinds of podcasts do you listen to?
Edit: I forgot to mention which ones I listen to, whoops! XD I listen to Polyamory Weekly, Irish & Celtic Music Podcast, I Should Be Writing, World of WarCraft Podcast, and I'm looking for podcasts on Hinduism, Knitting, & Yoga.

Oh, and does anyone ever mess up their knitting because they're laughing at podcasts? I'm very, very guilty of this.

Beating_Earth
11-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I just found a knitting podcast today and I like it so far. Its on Knit Picks http://www.knitpicks.com/Content/index.php
the podcast button is on the right hand side of the bar at the top of the page.

cinnamon_girl
11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
So far I only listen to knitting podcasts. Love them!! Great while I'm on the train to work and, knitting.
My favorite by far is Cast-On with Brenda Dayne (knit, like the wind!!) lol.
But I also like Stash and Burn, Knit Picks and It's a Purlman

G J
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Here's a list of some of my faves:
CBC's Vinyl Cafe
This American Life
Sticks and String
KnitPicks Podcast
NPR's Car Talk

There are others I listen to, but they can get tedious with all the silly laughing
Socks in the City
Lime N Violet
Etc...