PDA

View Full Version : Yarn Bee Yarns

BlueEyezz
11-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Hobby Lobby carries Yarn Bee, and I absolutely love a lot of their yarns. However, they don't always carry every type or color. Does anyone now of a great site to view Yarn Bee yarns?? I can't seem to find a Yarn Bee specific website.

sinistral_needler
11-11-2007, 12:10 AM
If you go to www.craftsetc.com, you can search for Yarn Bee yarns and there are a ton of them listed. Crafts Etc is the catalog site for Hobby Lobby, I think.

redwitch
11-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Is that the same Yarn Bee that the Aussie chain Spotlight carries? I am in NZ and have seen it. A Spotlight website might have some pics if we are talking about the same company (they do metallic crochet hooks etc. as well and mostly sunthetic/partly synthetic wools?) try Yarndex.com as well.

knitncook
11-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Yarn Bee is the Hobby Lobby line of yarns. They are mostly acrylic or nylon yarns. I knit something with one of their fluffier yarns for a friend and the yarn just fell apart within a few weeks. I was not happy with it at all.

suzeeq
11-11-2007, 10:46 AM
That may be true of all fluffy yarns, regardless of brand. I've used some of YB's regular yarns and they're fine.

BlueEyezz
11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
That may be true of all fluffy yarns, regardless of brand. I've used some of YB's regular yarns and they're fine.

Yeah, I've been making wristwarmers for my younger sisters out of the icelandic jewels collection. They've held up nicely. Yes, some of their things are QUITE delicate, but the regular stuff seems ok.