PDA

View Full Version : I'm addicted to making them!

EssenceRose
11-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Ever since I made my first fan bookmark, I am now addicted to making them. I've made so many that I now have the pattern memorized and no longer need to refer back to it when making them. The pattern can be found here: http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

Anyway... I've made other besides these. I just finished a brown one tonight. I've also made a cream colored one, a variagated one for my DH's boss (they work in a book store so I thought it was an appropriate gift), and a solid pink one. The blue one is going to be a Christmas gift for my MIL. I'm addicted, I tell ya!! Anyway, here are some photos of the most recent ones I've done:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EssenceRose/crochetedbookmarks.jpg

An up close pic:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/EssenceRose/crochetbookmark.jpg

I've tried all different types of crochet cotton/yarn -- different colors, weights, two strands held together, etc. I might run out of ways to experiment with them soon. :rofl:

Samsam
11-11-2007, 08:56 AM
So pretty!!! I :heart: them all.

ritaw
11-11-2007, 09:32 AM
They are lovely and i am sure that they will make excellent gifts.

The.Knitter
11-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Very pretty, and not too thick as well so it won't hurt the binding on the books. Great work!

GiddyKnitter
11-11-2007, 02:00 PM
There lovely especially the plum/lilac one x

WandaT
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Beautiful! That's my favorite bookmark pattern. I don't care what you make them with, they are just gorgeous!

Lisa_H-Town
11-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Oooohhhhhh, how pretty.... I think I shall try one myself... thanks for the link to the pattern!!

multicrafty
11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I can see why your addicted, their beautiful! There is a scarf similar to that in the One Skein book.

PamJ
11-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh, those are gorgeous! When I saw the title to this thread, I was hoping it was the fan bookmark, and there it was!! I found the blog accidentally yesterday when looking at her beanie pattern via crochetville and immediately fell in love with those bookmarks. Since you've experimented with yarns/threads, what would you suggest for the first time making one? I've never used thread and small hooks. Is it a hard transition from yarn and usually an H? Thanks for sharing the lovely photos.

knitqueen
11-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Beautiful! I think a longer version would make a lovely scarf.

Mariblue
11-15-2007, 01:03 AM
They are all really pretty! I have that on my "to do" list.
Knitqueen, I think that pattern would make a really pretty scarf too!

EssenceRose
11-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Pam J, I was also a bit nervous about using such a small hook and thread. I'd only ever crocheted with heavier stuff and bigger hooks before I tried this pattern.

Luckily, the pattern is so easy! I found that starting out with a light weight cotton and a 3.25 mm hook was nice and simple. No matter what size hook or thread you use, they always end up looking nice. :) I'm now down to a 1.75 mm hook and itty bitty crochet thread -- and it's simple. Good luck! And be warned... once you get started, it's very addictive. :teehee:

PamJ
11-17-2007, 10:26 AM
That is so encouraging! I can't wait to shop for supplies and get started.