PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store Gripe

KnitClickChick
11-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Why do people find it necessary to hover between lines, to see which one seems to be moving faster, so they can hurry and run to it??? Even at this early hour, geez. Just pick a freakin line. If there is something that urgent going on in your life, then perhaps now is not the time to be grocery shopping. :gah:

Ingrid
11-11-2007, 11:04 AM
. . . . and if you need to stop in an aisle to look at something, don't leave your cart in the middle!

mum2caden
11-11-2007, 11:10 AM
....And stop chatting in the aisles with people you know. No one can get by your little group! MOVE IT!! GRR..

marykz
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
and don't put your things on the conveyor belt, then go off to get things you "forgot"... leaving us all to stand and wait while you find your favorite brand of toothpaste!!!

and don't let your kid drive the cart unsupervised. my ankles will thank you. someone's bratty kid ran into me the other day- no apology, no parent in sight.

ritaw
11-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Lol . all of the above are so true.
I went shopping yesterday and i found a checkout with only one before me. I loaded all my shopping only to see the man in front wander oof . When i asked the cashier where he was , she said he had gone to get some money.

Why would you go out for your grocery shop and load and bag it all if you had no money. GRRRRRRRR

I had to wait 10 minutes for him to come back. Really got my back up!
I FEEL BETTER NOW LOL :)

happyanddandy
11-11-2007, 01:10 PM
It's a world wide gripe!

Don't touch my butt with your trolley in the checkout queue - you are invading my personal space and I can't go anywhere :thumbsup:

GiddyKnitter
11-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Oh so true...no matter which line I stand in all the other ones seem to move quicker than mine.

yarnfreak
11-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I hate when I wait in line, unload my stuff, it travels the conveyor, and the cashier decides to shut off her light because the lane is now closed so she can go on break. Tell me BEFORE I get there and unload.

SnarfyCat
11-12-2007, 01:43 AM
It's a world wide gripe!

Don't touch my butt with your trolley in the checkout queue - you are invading my personal space and I can't go anywhere :thumbsup:

AMEN SISTER!!

KatieBeee
11-12-2007, 10:54 AM
OH good grief I HATE it when people hit you in the butt with their cart or stand so close behind you you can't move without touching them!! People also do that in the cafeteria line, they are like knocking their little tray against yours. I am like, you apparently haven't eaten in several days so please, take my spot!

Becky Morgan
11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
ARRGH! And let's not forget trying to fill your drink cup at a fast-food place with somebody else shoving their cup past you, trying to bump you out of the way or snorting and groaning at you as if you could make the soda run faster. Let them go ahead, and they stand there for five minutes, agonizing over their selection.

Ooh, I've got another one...our local KFC drive-up is slower than Christmas. One day they were having even more trouble than usual, and I was sitting at the corner of the restaurant, waiting for the three cars ahead of me to move before I started the engine again. A woman shouted her order at the speaker and moved up on my bumper, then sat there, pounding the wheel and waving her hands. She jumped out, ran up and yelled "Is this car broken down? I'll push it out of the way. I'll knock it out of the way. You're so rude..." and on and on, untiol I pointed to the stalled-out line. Because she was screaming and raving, I parked off to the side, went up to the window, explained the problem to the manager (a much-beleaguered lady who was trying to do everything herself) and picked up my order on foot. When I left, the scream and stomper was still waiting for her stuff. After a quick hardware store stop, I drove back out of the pl;aza. She was still sitting there. Her tantrum got her ever so far ahead.

cdjack
11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I hate when people get into the "Express 10 items or less" lane with their weeks worth of groceries.
Just once I want a cashier to admonish them and make them get in another line.

cindycactus
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
My peeve is when I am speaking to someone and they move in close to me. I step back a pace or two and they move in again. Sometimes we end up halfway across the room and they still don't get it!!!:wall:

elaineb
11-12-2007, 01:33 PM
these are all so true!!I am a part time cashier in a supermarket and can I add talking on your cell while checking out ! Also piling the belt up so high that it all falls over ( not fun ) but mostly I wish more people would just relax and smile , its not that bad is it??

Abbily
11-12-2007, 04:47 PM
I hate when people get into the "Express 10 items or less" lane with their weeks worth of groceries.
Just once I want a cashier to admonish them and make them get in another line.

I was a cashier all through high school and college, and I ALWAYS admonished them and sent them to another line! :) I would let someone get away with 3 or 4 extra items, but beyond that I always made them go to a regular register. :)

lynnlisiewski
11-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I hate it when the person behind me is standing so close when I pay I ask is there anything I can do for them as they are in my way

AnnaT
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
. . . . and if you need to stop in an aisle to look at something, don't leave your cart in the middle!

I agree! Don't leave your cart on one side and then lean way over to examine something so you BLOCK THE WHOLE ISLE!!!

It's a world wide gripe!

Ooooh, people are so bad about that here. I think there's a real cultural difference here about what constitutes personal space. If someone is touching my rear with their cart, I just very slowly start pushing back. Usually they get the idea. And MOVE BACK!! Don't breathe down my neck or get so close your hip is touching mine. It creeps me out when it's a man doing it. Usually, in that case, I give him the evil eye and say, "Sigá!" That means "Watch it!!" :mrgreen:

Sanibelle
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM
I went to the grocery store the other day. I parked 3 rows over from the entrance to the store and in the very last spot in the row. When I came out, I saw that someone had hit the rear right panel on MY NEW CAR. No note of course. Talk about mad. My car is bening fixed now - I got a really good price since I know the daughter of the owner of the body shop but it is still costing me $450.00 plus the cost of a rental car for 4 days. The way people drive in the parking lots is just ridiculous - not just grocery store parking lots, but the mall too... no one has any driving manners.

PaperGirl
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I get quite irritated at people who put raw meat or cold stuff back in places like the ceral or makeup aisles.

WTH! Im sure, while its a minor inconvience, the checker will be happy to take those so you dont have to travel OH SO FAR to put it back yourself.

Songbirdy
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
I was a cashier all through high school and college, and I ALWAYS admonished them and sent them to another line! :) I would let someone get away with 3 or 4 extra items, but beyond that I always made them go to a regular register. :)

Me too, I did this in my Cashier days... :) Sure you had one very irate customer but so many more happy customers!

marykz
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I get quite irritated at people who put raw meat or cold stuff back in places like the ceral or makeup aisles.

WTH! Im sure, while its a minor inconvience, the checker will be happy to take those so you dont have to travel OH SO FAR to put it back yourself.

oh yeah- and please wrap your meat in the plastic bags they provide at the meat department!!! I don't want the unsanitary meat juices allover the conveyor, my groceries, or the shelves. And I'm sure the cashiers don't want it on their hands. whenever I see a damp conveyor I get a little suspicious.... luckily my fav grocery store gives all the cashiers wipes and spray to clean up. but they shouldn't have to.

CountryKitty
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM

And even if the pkg of meat is still very cold when found--they have to throw it out because it was left out for an undetermined period of time. I find packages like that literally yards from a meat cooler--10 seconds would've put it back!

My biggest gripe is people who spill things and just leave them. I had a friend whose knee cartilage was so badly torn in a fall in a store that seh was never the same and later required replacement surgery. It seems like every time I'm at Wally-World I have to stop my cart over a spill and go find an employee to take care of it. If I spill a bit of soda I clean it up myself. I wanted to throttle some idiot one day--her 10 or 12yo daughter was bouncing up and down like a kangaroo, squeaking like a mouse, holding a slurpee--she wound up spilling the drink. Her mom looked down at the spill, grabbed the child and walked away quickly.I wnated to walk up and ask--"What did you just teach your child about responsibility?"--but I know it wouldn't have made a difference.

auburnchick
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Y'all are too funny! I don't have grocery gripes because I hardly ever go to the grocery store anymore. Since I started my college classes, I just don't have time...especially after working and taking care of the kids. So, dh goes. Who knows...y'all might be griping about him! :rofl:

stitchwitch
11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Our grocery store has these kid carts that look like race cars. I realize you need to take you kids shopping with you but you do not need to put your 8 year old and 10 year old in the race car cart. These things are twice as big as the regular carts and a good foot wider. People get them, can't steer them, ram them into other people and then leave them with the kids in them in the middle of the row while they move about because they can't move the things with 150 lbs of kids in them. Make your life easier people and make your kids walk beside you, it's not going to kill them and they might actually learn how to act like adults that way. AGHHHHH

Mommy22alyns
11-13-2007, 09:40 PM
If you are going to write a check, carry your own stinking pen and start making it out while your groceries are being scanned!!! Do not wait until everything has been bagged and then ask for a pen. And please - balancing your checkbook can wait until you've moved out of the darn way!!

And do not hover and breathe down my neck as I slide my card through. It is none of your business and why are you so close to me anyway? This is why I run everything as credit, so no one can steal my pin #.

I live in a small town, so stores are rife with people who like to block aisles and chitchat with people they know... because everybody knows somebody at Wal-Mart here!

And for our cashiers here at Kroger - I don't know or care what the policy is, if I have my child buckled into the cart seat, WHY the HECK are you putting my groceries in a different cart??!??! :hair:

BTW - I used to cashier and they constantly put me on the express lanes. But they wouldn't let me say anything to customers no matter how many items they came through with! I wish I could have admonished them!

scout52
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
If you are going to write a check, carry your own stinking pen and start making it out while your groceries are being scanned!!! Do not wait until everything has been bagged and then ask for a pen. And please - balancing your checkbook can wait until you've moved out of the darn way!!

yep that's my biggest pet peeve. all the other stuff i can almost handle. well except the uncontrollable kids, but those are easy to handle. I used to be a nanny so i have noooo problem telling a a child to behave very sternly even in front of the parent, (i have never had a parent confront me, they are usually to embarrass or don't understand why another kid is telling the kid to behave bc they always think i'm a kid myself haha i look 17 though i'm 30)

ladyjessica
11-13-2007, 11:42 PM
And figure out how to pay for your groceries BEFORE you get in line! Don't stand there and try out every credit card you have and make everybody wait behind you.

Also, Stores, if you see that 15 people are in one line, perhaps you should consider opening another one. ;)

I have 2 stories. I was in walmart one day minding my own business and I was walking towards the shampoo. This woman who was driving one of those sit-down shopping carts decided she needed to get there first, so she hit the gas, hit my leg with her basket, and ran over my foot. With the Rascal. Then she had to back up and the cart has reverse beeps, which made it all that much better. It was funny looking back, but my foot hurt for several days. lol.

Second, also in walmart, I came across this girl and her friend who obviously have never contributed anything to society. I'm not trying to be mean, but there you are. She was pregnant and wearing a belly shirt and pants with 'Juicy" written across the back, and her friend was wearing an obscenity-laced ensemble. They kept cursing at the cashier and yelling at her, and when her food stamps wouldn't work properly they started cursing some more and then just decided to leave. They walked out and left 2 entire carts worth of food sitting there for the employees to put away. I felt so bad for them. :cry: