PDA

View Full Version : Finally, new sock tute is finished!

Silver
11-11-2007, 11:36 AM
One Toe-Up Sock on Two Circular Needles (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2circsocks_start.htm)

:woohoo:

I can not tell you how relieved I am to have this finished. It seemed to drag on for-ever!

I have to admit, I always forget how much work goes into these tutorials. I get all gung ho about writing up a new tute, then the work hits and I’m like.. ACK!

You see, maybe you didn’t know, but this is what putting up this tutorial entails:

I knit the sock
I photograph my progress
I edit all the photos (almost 100 of them), to color correct or otherwise alter the photo
I resize the photos, twice (once for the main tute page, and once for the print ready page)
I write the tutorial instructions
I code HTML pages
I code the printready page
I make the PDF file
I upload hundreds of files
I read and re-read (and still miss lots of little errors)
Then I finally make it all available to you.
And I do that all by myself. :ick:

But, I'm sorry if I sound whiny.. I don't mean to. I just want you to know why it takes so long. :hug:And I hope it's worth the wait and work.

If you find any errors or typos, please let me know. I'll be very grateful! :heart:

I am now getting back to making knitting pouches, making graphics, and all the other things I do! :teehee:

Eekee
11-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks Kristen,

I owe my first socks to your sock class!

This will be fun to try.

The.Knitter
11-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Thanks for all you do for us Silver. It IS appreciated!

Silver
11-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks Christine. I know it is. Which is why I love doing it. :hug:

losnana
11-11-2007, 01:57 PM
And by more knitters (and sock-wearers) than you will ever know. :muah: :muah:

rosefields
11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
You ROCK!:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

GiddyKnitter
11-11-2007, 02:10 PM
You just have to be the queen of socks!!!!

jdee
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I'd like to add my thanks. Your tutorials taught me how to make my first pair of socks, then later taught me how to do them toe-up. So thank you for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated.:muah:

Jan in CA
11-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah!! :thumbsup: Thanks for all your hard work!!:hug:

OH! I see it's a toe up tute! I just finished a class for two circs cuff down so I'll give this a try. ;)

G J
11-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Whoohoo!!! YAY! I used your two-toe-up on ML for my first socks. You totally ROCK!!! :woot:

I can see it would be a TON of work, but I SO appreciate it!

Spikey
11-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Holy crap, Woman! :zombie:

How in the world do you manage to get as many things done in a day as you do? Are there more hours in a day in Florida, do you have one of those Hermione turn-back-time thingys, or are you just unbelievably talented?

I vote for number 3. :notworthy:

Can't wait to get my gorgeous Silver knitting pouch.

kristinw
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Yay! I've been waiting! I am going to use it with my Duet yarn. It will be perfect! I bought the needles a while ago so I am ready!

THANKS! :cheering:

G J
11-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I just read the whole tutorial. It's AWESOME! :cheering: I love that you help us newer sock knitters DESIGN OUR OWN SOCKS!!!! THANKS AGAIN!

lelvsdgs
11-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I just read the whole tutorial. It's AWESOME! :cheering: I love that you help us newer sock knitters DESIGN OUR OWN SOCKS!!!! THANKS AGAIN!

Absolutely agree with this!

Debbie
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks, Silver !

gingerbread
11-12-2007, 07:38 AM
Oh Oh Oh I knew I went to bed to early last night.:pout: I sent out the e-mail to you Kristin and now you have the tut on the socks up. Wow girl you do rock:woot:I keep looking to see when it was ready on your blog. And I agree we do love you for doing the socks tut's I had already learned socks but yours was way easier.
Oh gosh here I go again ranting.:oops:

I am going to go right now and start the socks.:thumbsup:

knitaholic
11-12-2007, 08:36 AM
Thank you so much--had it not been for you, I would probably never tried to knit socks. I appreciate all your hard work.

Knitaholic:muah:

knitncook
11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
You so totally ROCK! I even blogged about you!

Silver
11-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone for all the luv!! I'm glad you like the new tute! :heart:

Debkcs
11-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I DO love you,Kristin, and all the work you put in for us. I'm now going to start another pair of socks using this tutorial, just to check it out! Thanks!

ecb
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Thank you so much--had it not been for you, I would probably never tried to knit socks. I appreciate all your hard work.:muah:
:hug:
Yeah, what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart:
I was SO scared to start socks, but you made it seem SOOO easycloud9
:cool: U R just SOOOOOO good to us :cool:

cindycactus
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for all your hard work.:muah: I have never tried a toe up sock so I will check out your new tutorial and give it a try.:knitting: :knitting:

momwolf
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks Silver:cheering: Now I can finally learn toe up socks:woohoo:Left you a little something in your TIP jar:muah:I appreciate all your hard work :hug: