PDA

View Full Version : buying yarn...

webbfamily
11-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Michaels is having a great sale this week with some great coupons included and I would love any opinions on what yarns to look for? From what I have read.... Patons is great as is some of the Lions brands. I am not in the market for acrylic yarns but am looking for some staple yarns to start a stash with :aww: Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks so much for reading!
Katrina

*KnitPixie*
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I have recently tried to build my stash as well:teehee: Moda dea washable wool is nice and soft its like $8.99 a skein but with a coupon you get a great price. I bought a few of them and I also bought a big skein of Lion Brands fisherman wool for $4 something with a coupon, it has like 465 yards in it and is undyed feltable wool. I plan on dying it and making felted purses for friends and family:wink: or some cell phone cozys.I also love patons sws they have beautiful colors I bought one skein to make a caliometry. I have lots of ideas but the hands are not willing lol Hope you have fun building your stash its so much fun:) especially with coupons

Chikky
11-11-2007, 06:44 PM
That Moda Dea, there was this great color I wanted at Michaels today and this one woman bought every single one of the skeins! First she left two, and her husband stood in front of the rack, blocking it, and argued with her until she bought it.

I really wanted it, too.