PDA

View Full Version : Canberra, Australia LYS?

IBAmyB
11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Hello All!

Sorry I haven't been on here recently.

DH is now home from Iraq (got home Thursday) :cheering: and just today we found out that he is going to be getting orders to be stationed in Canberra, Australia! :woohoo:(teaching as a US Army exchange officer at the Australian Defence Force Academy --- gotta get used to that Aussie spelling!)

Anyone tell me of any good LYS in the area? (also, if anyone quilts or does cross stitch, good LQS and/or LNS???)

Thank you!

:woot: :cheering: :woohoo: :yay: (DH has wanted to work with the Royal Signals since we were in college! He worked with a couple of Aussies here in Arizona on the exchange program and also with some of the Aussie forces in Iraq.)

supermania5
11-11-2007, 07:46 PM
:muah: I haven't been on here in about a year now and so I"ve noticed some big changes. For one this format has changed drastically I must say. I guess I need to catch up and find out what's popular for knitting these days and just a general catch up. Right now i"m just knitting dish cloths for Christmas gifts. But, I"m open to most anything. SUggestions???

Curly_Toot
11-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Howdy Amy!
Awesome news about moving to Canberra... i'm not in the ACT (australian capital territory) but its our capital city so its bound to have a couple of LYS around the place.
UPDATE: i just used yellowpages.com.au and it looks like there are 4 stores that stock yarn in Canberra.
I'm in Adelaide and we only have three really good yarn stores (one of which is on the other side of the city so i never go there!). Ontop of that is Lincraft or Spotlight... which are large craft type stores probably like Michaels is it?

p.s - i think supermainia meant to post a new topic!!