PDA

View Full Version : Mitten book suggestions?

iknitter
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm looking for a good basic mitten pattern book. I've never made mittens so I'll need something to help me with the thumb, otherwise I'm a somewhat experienced knitter and winter is coming! Any suggestions are cool- thanks!

brittyknits
11-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I have 2 suggestions, actually both leaflets instead of books, but with great glove and mitten patterns in them. The first is by Patons, booklet no. 500406, "Gloves and Mitts". It costs something like $4. The other is now free and on-line. It's an old one from the 1950's, put out by Bucilla, entitled "Gloves and Mittens to Knit and Crochet for the Entire Family". I have my mum's old battered copy, but I did a search and someone thankfully has transcribed the entire thing onto a site. As a matter of fact, I'm going to start a new thread with this link-- thanks for giving me the idea!:) But here it is:

http://www.freevintageknitting.com/patternbook/mittensbk29.html

NancyO
11-12-2007, 12:25 AM
There is a book that has the title of being a mitten book... I'm sure it could be in your library catalogue "The MItten Book"; I'm sure it's called. It'll have a basic mitten first then radical ones. But do not worry about the thumb it's a cinch!... sinch? it's easy . :teehee:

:heart: Nancy:heart:

sarahzknitty
11-12-2007, 02:04 PM
There is an easy mitten pattern on page 134 of the One-Skein Wonders book that I LOVE!:heart:
Hope this helps.
PS...mittens are soooo fun to knit!