PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know where I can post a pattern?

drummerboi202
11-12-2007, 12:29 AM
I really want to post the pattern for one of my scarves because I think it could be great for beginners. I dont have a blog and I dont really want to start one. Does anybody know of any sites?

kristinw
11-12-2007, 12:34 AM
How about Ravelry? There are over 30,000 people there - could be great exposure!

jessicacshort@yahoo.com
11-12-2007, 01:12 AM
how about chicknits.com? i've found cool free patterns there

The.Knitter
11-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Why not post it here at Knitting Help in the section called Pattern Central? It will get a lot of exposure here as well as anywhere else.

suzeeq
11-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Or here in Whatcha knitting. Another site I read has a completed projects board and many times people will post their patterns along with a picture. I've got quite a lot of good ideas from there.

Jan in CA
11-12-2007, 04:37 AM
If you have just a pattern you want to post here post it in Pattern Central. What'cha Knittin' is for FO and WIP. If you are posting a photo of a completed scarf then you can post with it in What'cha knittin' though.

drummerboi202
11-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I attemped ravelry, but I got confused lol. I think I may post it here though. I just need to get it organized.

fibrenut
11-18-2007, 04:36 AM
Hiya there,
Have you tried the www.knittingpatterncentral.com (http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com) ? The owner of the site is a wonderful lady and I can assure you she is looking for patterns all the time. Just shoot her an email (get her addy from the "contact us" page and tell her your situation. Then you can probably make it into either a pdf or word doc and she can then post if for you. They post new patterns twice a week (wed. and sat.) and then it will be categorized into the proper section for later clickage.
Hope that helps.

suzeeq
11-18-2007, 11:13 AM
KPC posts links to patterns on other pages though, I don't think any of them are at her site.

fibrenut
11-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Mornin kids.
Hiya suz, I think she does have a few (It may have been a while cause most everyone has a blog now and she might have changed her preferences) that you send her either hard copy or email copies and she posts them on the site itself. I haven't seen any in quite a while so she might have changed it.