PDA

View Full Version : hours in a day

elaineb
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Just wondering--How many hour a day do you average on your knitting. I find that I knit most of the evening away usually about 3 hours. How about you?
Also how long did your longest object take to finish and what was it?

AnnaT
11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, I get in at least an hour a day. It might be divided up. On a quiet evening I might do as much as 2 hours without stopping.

About the longest project--Do UFOs count? :teehee: I spent a month working on a sweater back this summer before I put it aside, deciding I didn't really like it or like knitting it. I have an ongoing blanket made out of squares I started last spring. And my mother's Christmas present took me a month to finish. It was the Besotted scarf, with four cable rows instead of three on 4mm needles. I haven't posted a picture yet because I need to put the fringe on it. Actually, I'm trying to decide if it needs fringe or not.

Now I am working on a vest for my MIL which I estimate will take me until probably Christmas to do. I completed the left front in 8 days, so it's going pretty quickly, but am worried about the button and neck band and armhole bands, because I've never done those before.

Sandi
11-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I try to get in at least an hour a day. Makes me feel like i'm moving forward on a project.
Some day's it's 3 or 4 hours and some only 15 minutes.:knitting:

Knitting_Guy
11-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Some days none at all, some days about an hour split up through the day, some days several hours.

elaineb
11-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes UFO"S count:) . I know what you mean though, I started a shawl (falling leaves ) for my sis for Christmas 2006 in October 2006. Anyway maybe it will be ready for this Christmas , and I really do like the pattern but it seems that once I put it down I get involved in other things. I have to learn how to stay on the project till its done before starting another one. right now I have FT clogs that need an outer sole, Sock one started for grandson, The shawl, Thornton market bag for daughter half done, and sock two for husband started :knitting: , this is why I feel like theres not enough hours in a day! I have to admit though I took last night off , I worked late and then I was just too tired to concentrate. I'm off today so hopefully I'll get to catch up a little. I would love to finish the clogs today at least !

Jitendra
11-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Up until recently I guess I'd get about 2-3 hours in total in. Now I can't really knit as much, I have a ton of final papers to write before December 6. After that I hope to get back to my usual routine.

Doublereeder2
11-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I usually knit 2 hours or so in the evenings unless I am working. It is hard to say the longest project since I like to knit more than one at a time and sometimes put them away for a while (as long as a year?!) before getting back to them.