PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for a box to arive!!

Pudify
11-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Eee! Take my hand and wait with me!

You know that terrible yet horribly exciting feeling that you get when waiting for a box of wool to arrive?

I was up north staying with my sister for a few weeks and did alot of traveling around and just 'happened' to come across some wool stores several times .. I swear I didnt know they were there, nor had I planned ahead and written down address', no no, all purely coincidence!

So, as you do, I spent my 'emergency money' on wool. You know how it just jumps into your bag and looks at you with thoes puppy dog eyes and you just cannot say no? And most of it was on special as well, ooo, I just about fainted xD

I cant even remember what I bought, but I had to spend $20 posting a large box home, containing all my lovely wool because my suitcase that I had to fly home with, was already at 19.2KG (the limit is 20KG, go over and you have to pay per KG) and there was no way I could fit anymore in there!

The lady at the post office said it should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday, its 9:45am Tuesday morning now, here in NZ and im on the look/ listen out for a van coming to drop of my newest stash additions.

So nervous, I have a feeling im going to open the box, pour the contents on my bed and just roll around in all the woolly goodness! And I know im not the only one around here who does that! *got my eyes on you!*

Is anyone else waiting for a package to arrive? Will you wait with me?

marykz
11-12-2007, 04:59 PM
ooh- take pictures when it arrives! I love getting yarn in the mail..... sounds like you gave some poor neglected yarn a chance to live in a good home....

holiday here in the states so no mail today.... I just happen to be waiting on a little package myself. little birdies say tomorrow! OK, delivery confirmation says tomorrow, and that I need to stop checking.

janettle
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, I'm waiting on a package too. It should arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday, but since it is still Monday afternoon in the US, I'm going to have to wait longer than you are! It's a silvery yarn for a holiday party top. I've never knitted with sparkly yarn before :sun:, and I'm looking forward to seeing what a swatch in stockinette will look like!

Lady Violet
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
i'm waiting for one, too, and so is my christmas knitting. :shock:
is it here yet? :nails: two days is a long time to be pending. :teehee:

let us know when it comes. (with pics, of course!)

Pudify
11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Yay! Im not alone xD I think I got mainly wool and merino type things, only one or two balls of fancy silly yarn .. but I really cant remember lol! And of course, none of it was bought with a pattern in mind .. just bought it because I loved it! I wonder what it will all turn out to be? I suppose most of it will just end up being stash-filler ..

Ingrid
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
:cheering: It'll be like an early Christmas!!!

boo1
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm waiting on the swift I ordered.

I do think I should order some yarn soon, you never know when a yarn emergency could arise!

I love packages!!!

Pudify
11-12-2007, 08:40 PM
OMGEE! IT ARRIVED!! At 12:14pm! Ahahhehehe, ive gone all mad with woollyness xD

Now I remember what I bought as well, which is exciting lol. Eight huge lovely balls of 80% Merino 20% Acrylic, 4 in a nice old fashioned green and 4 in a deep aubergine colour.

Two supermarket bags of assorted balls of wools and yarns for doing little things like hats, wrist warmers, cellphone cozies etc.

Some boxes of Pocky and Peppero ... but thats a different story, I collect Pocky and Pocky like products lol.

And more!

Its all so yummy! I wonder what ill do first? Actualy, I think ill go and have some lunch and calm my self down and then think about what to do with it xD

Thank you for waiting with me folks, I hope your packages arrive soon!!!

marykz
11-13-2007, 10:25 AM
yay! I'm glad it all arrived safely- now you need to decide what to do with it all... I'm still stalking the mailman...

GiddyKnitter
11-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I was really excited for you I am sat here with a huge grin on my face!!
It doesn't take much to make us smile when it's anything to do with yarn does it x

Lady Violet
11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
:woohoo:
enjoy your haul! it sounds like a good one.
i got an email today that my stuff got mailed today. :happydance:
of course, that means that soon i'll have no excuse for not doing all that christmas knitting. a bunch of it's mmmmalabrigo, plus i'll be ordering some silk, so i guess it won't be too bad. :teehee:

Quiara
11-15-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm waiting on a ton of Purewool and Peace Fleece myself. ^_^

inkaholic
11-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Grrr I just checked the tracking on UPS to see when my box is coming, and it says they tried to deliver yesterday? What? Someone was home nearly all day and nobody knocked. Plus, don't they usually leave a sticky note on the door saying they tried to deliver?
I better get it today. :(

inkaholic
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Never mind, I guess posting on here was good luck! Just got the boxes. Apparently they put the note on my basement door....I have no idea why, but I'm gonna put a post it saying "deliver upstairs" lol. Anyway, yay!

Pudify
11-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Ok, im over the box that arived a few days ago, I need more .. MOAR! What to order next?? xD

Lady Violet
11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
mmmmalabrigo laceweight!

Pudify
11-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Haha, thats a good thought .. but I dont think I can afford any of that right now xD Sadly enough, I think ill just have to repack the box with some of my old stash wool and leave it outside my door .. playing "Postman" with myself, over and over again untill I can afford some new wool xD

Lady Violet
11-17-2007, 04:46 PM
you could always order some stash from KP. they're having a big clearance right now. i just got my box from KP today. :woot: i was actually kind of surprised to get it. they said it would take 5-14 days to ship. it actually took only 4 including the day it shipped. now i can get started on all that christmas knitting! :happydance: