PDA

View Full Version : Eyelash yarn & Dropped stitches

sarahzknitty
11-13-2007, 01:38 AM
This evening I was working on the Surf & Turf skirt (a Christmas gift) that I had been knitting on ALL day and was 9 inches into when I went to check out how it was looking, how much longer the skirt needed to be and so on. All of a sudden I dropped 10 to 12 stitches.:grrr:
I had that sick to my tummy feeling and I may have said a few choice words.
As I tried in vain to pick up the stitches I had a bright idea....a flashlight. So, I went to the garage and brought in a heavy duty flashlight and while my DH held the piece over the flashlight I picked up all the wayward stitches with my handy crochet hook!!!:woohoo:
It went so much faster and no tears!!
Just had to share my good fortune.

suzeeq
11-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Glad it worked for you. That kind of yarn is a beeyotch to work with, let alone pick up dropped stitches....

drummerboi202
11-13-2007, 05:55 PM
I have grown to hate eyelash yarn. Its so darn confusing. I gives me shudders to even think of knitting with it.

bajanKnit
11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
I love eyelash yarns their are fun but can be a bit of a pain if you drop one worse yet 10-12.

punk knitter
11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
oh yeah, i was trying to just make a pillow w/ it, and just kept dropping sts. and i never drop sts. and its great that you saved them, :woot: it would really suck if you had to go all the way back

inkaholic
11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
I wish I had seen this post! I started knitting a fun fur scarf for my little sister yesterday, and I stupidly left it on the coffee table. My brother started playing with my knitting stuff, and even though I told him to stop, he accidently pulled the needle out and I ended up having to start over. He felt bad, but I was still really annoyed, even though it was only 5 inches or so that I'd lost.

sarahzknitty
11-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Hopefully it has helped people...that's why I posted it.
You may not need it now, but you never know what the future holds.
Anyway, you have the knowledge if you need it.