PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Prayers and Love

sboehm1977
11-13-2007, 04:49 PM
I have noticed from just reading through some of the forum threads that many of you are into charities.
I was hoping to make a suggestion....
I am a beginner knitter and hate to admit very slow, But I am planning on doing this.
There are across the globe older, younger and very young people who are terminally ill. Some who have no hope. Some who are on hospice. And unfortuatley some who are just placed in homes by busy families and somewhat forgotten about. I thought it would be nice to spread prayers and love to these terminally ill people with hats, afghans, or even prayer shawls to let them know they are not forgetten by anyone, even strangers.
:grphug:
:heart:
With Christmas coming... Everyone can be a little bit angelic
:angelgrin:

March_girl16
11-13-2007, 04:52 PM
:heart: Thats so nice of you, Wow i only thought it was only in Africa like mostly in Africa, I'll try but i'm a bit busy with school and stuff, i'm in my teens and i'm amazed, I'll try my best

-thank me if i help
i post that on all posts

March_girl16
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I think we should do this, it'll really help with the people in need :woohoo:

March_girl16
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I have a question for you, what are you knitting and how are you going to send it

sboehm1977
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I am going to try to knit a prayer shawl, I am searching for a fairly easy/beginner pattern. I will then contact a close Facility in my area to give it out as a Christmas prayer shawl. There are also Hospice organizations in this area who are always looking for Volenteers I may send it through that way if I do not make it by the Christmas deadline.

Denise in Michigan
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
You may want to check the "Charity Knitting" section here on KH for patterns and places to donate.:heart:

redwitch
11-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Women's Refuges can always use stuff especially for babies, women often left home in the middle of the night or didn't have time to pack a bag, they grab an opportunity to get away, preemie clothes too are always in demand at hospitals (can you tell I like knitting for babies when I do charity stuff because baby items are fast?)