PDA

View Full Version : ARG!!!

SnarfyCat
11-13-2007, 04:53 PM
I am _not_ smart enough to figure out how to stick a picture on my profile here!! It keeps saying that my picture isn't valid, even though it is only 100x100 pixals!! Grrrrr.... Can anyone _please_ help me! :hair:

*stabs vicious purse snatcher in butt with US 1 DPN to let off steam while walking down street mumbling under her breath about pixals*

The.Knitter
11-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Is it save as a JPEG file?

SnarfyCat
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Well, it is really funny that you ask that. Now I can't find the stupid thing. Et people wonder why I prefer "being an old lady with sticks" versus being on this hunk of wires et chips all day. K, is there any way to explain how to crop down a pict et save it at the size that is downloadable so I can do a step by step. *laughs* Im really good at following directions!

auburnchick
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Set up an account on Photobucket.com. From there, go over to upload to: and FIRST of all change max image size. There will be something in blue that says options. Click on that to change the size to avatar. Make sure you select Save when you've selected the size you want. Then you'll get taken back to the upload area. Click on browse and locate the file on your computer. Then click upload. The picture will now be on the Photobucket site. You have several options below the picture. You can choose to save it (it its new size). Then, go to User CP and into your profile (or avatar setting...trying to remember) and upload the newer image from your PC.

See if this helps. I'm typing from memory...so it's possible I left out a step.

auburnchick
11-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok...so I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

I just took a look at the User CP settings. You can also put a link to the site where your photo is located. Photobucket has a nice feature where you can click on Img Code, and the information is copied to your clipboard. Then you go over to KH (User CP) and paste the copied URL under option #1...link to picture...or something like that). So, if you don't feel like downloading the resized image and then uploading it to KH, you can just put a link to the photobucket location. The only bad thing would be if you accidentally deleted or moved the picture from photobucket. Your link would not be current.

FYI...I'm a computer geek IRL. :thumbsup:

Jan in CA
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
It does have to be a JPEG or a GIF if it's animated. I think.

SnarfyCat
11-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Ok...so I'm a bit of a perfectionist...

FYI...I'm a computer geek IRL. :thumbsup:

*does a happy dance as she now has a face on KH*
THANK GOODNESS FOR COMPUTER GEEKS!!!!!
My bro is one too, but I figured it would be easier to have a rockin' knitter show me how it is done on here! Thanks again for all your help. :woohoo:

auburnchick
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
:cheering:

So you didn't lie when you said you could follow directions! :roflhard:

SnarfyCat
11-14-2007, 06:34 PM
:cheering:

So you didn't lie when you said you could follow directions! :roflhard:

*laughs* Nope, et I even got smart enough to post a picture of Matt Damon on my post about Celebrity 'Freebies'!! *purrs appreciatively* Thanks again!!