PDA

View Full Version : Knitty Gritty! I just saw my first episode!

boo1
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
I just remembered that I set my DVR. It messed up today's (the moebius-BUMMER), but I did record yesterday's and although the project isn't something I'm that interested in, I HAVE KNITTING ON MY TELEVISION!

I'm so glad I saw a reference to the show on here. :cheering:

But all of those episodes I've missed! (Longingly hopes for a marathon of repeats at some point)....

MaleKnitter
11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
But all of those episodes I've missed! (Longingly hopes for a marathon of repeats at some point)....

That would be nice, but sadly DIY doesnt show knitty Gritty anywhere NEAR as much as they should. They mostly show that scrapbooking show and how to make new, ugly furniture out of old, ugly furniture.

I did get to see the episode that you missed today (Im sorry you missed it) it was one of the first I have seen in a while. I usually miss it because of school, but I stayed home today. I could show you how she made the scarf but I dont think that i could type how they made it. But if you keep recording it, I know that they replay episodes. I got the rare chance to watch an episode a few weeks ago when we had a long weekend and it was one of the few (3?) episodes that I had already seen. AAAAAH

CindyS
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Same here! I was up early Thursday morning and the kids hadn't rolled out of bed yet, so I turned on the TV and found a fiber-type show on HGTV. So I thought I'd see what was coming on the next day and found in that time slot on Fridays was Knitty Gritty! I was so excited! I saw the jewelry-making episode so far and am looking forward to more.

msboni83
11-13-2007, 10:43 PM
I just started watching Knitty Gritty back in September or so, and I have set my DVR to record it. Just in the last week or so, it has started repeating the episodes I saw before. So it seems like they only have enough episodes to last a few months, since it is on 5 days a week.

Becky Morgan
11-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Did you know you can watch the episodes on their site if you have broadband?

(forever stuck on dial-up here, but for those who aren't...:))

bethany
11-14-2007, 08:35 AM
it's on every day at 2pm where I live. It's fun. I also saw there is a show ("Knit one Purl Two" I think on PBS, but I have to check into that. There is also another show on DIY...perhaps that one is K1P2....hmmm...but...the moebious one was cool...check the website for the pattern, but it's always cool to see first! They will re-run it!

(shoot, can't find the PBS one...maybe it's a new one coming?"

Eccie
11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
There are a couple of knitting friendly shows on DIY now. Knitty Gritty comes on twice a day here. At 2pm and in the morning, not sure of that time. There is also a show called Uncommon Threads. They talk about all sorts of thread related things, sewing, needlework, crochet and knitting. And there is one called Stylelicious. There are six hosts that change out depending on the projects. Vickie Howell is one of them. They also talk about all sorts of fiber arts. I don't think they're still showing the Knit one Purl Two show. But the patterns and such for it are still up on the duynetwork.com

CindyS
11-14-2007, 09:32 AM
My cable system doesn't carry DIY, which is why I was so stoked to see it being played on HGTV. I guess we just have to be happy with one ep a week, but I'm glad to know I can see it online too!