PDA

View Full Version : stitch marker for double pointed?

Binkyman99
11-14-2007, 01:23 PM
I know! I am such a dork! But is there a special marker for dp needles? I always knit in the round with circulars but now want to try a pattern that uses dp. And I guess I wonder what type of stitch marker to use since I would think what I have would fall off the darn things! Or do I just shove a small one on there and hope it doesn't fall off?

mhansen
11-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I have only used dpns once. And I put the marker on knitted a stitch and that held it on. One of the dpns always had one extra stitch on it to hold the marker. And by the way my hat did not turn out lopsided!LOL

suzeeq
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Divide the sts so the first st isn't at the end of a needle. Maybe put a couple sts from the end of the last round on that needle, then the marker, then the sts from the new round.

SteveDallas
11-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I placed my stitch marker on the needle after the next-to-last stitch. That way the final stitch of the round held it on. As I knitted, every 3 rounds or so I would finish up each needle by knitting on two extra stitches from the next needle before bringing the empty needle back in. (This reduces your laddering due to separation between the needles.) Once I had some extra stitches on the needle with the marker, I moved it back to its proper place.