PDA

View Full Version : Knitting pickle

HeatherFeather
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM
OOPS...

I've overbooked my knitting capabilities!!!!
I've got so many blasted projects on the needles right now it's not funny!!! sigh....

I've got a baby/car-seat blanket that SHOULD be finished tonight, and I'll edge it tomorrow.

THEN I discovered a sweater I was supposed to make (for profit) for a craft fair, and the woman needs it like sent TODAY, (I'm kind of ignoring the email that I didn't see until today, even tho it was sent out on Nov. 2nd.) I've not even cast ON yet...sigh....so hopefully it'll be done and sent out this weekend. Child's sweater bigish needles and yarn.

I've got finished a baby sweater with sock yarn, but now need to make the booties and hat to go with it. 1/2 a bootie is done, but I still need to do the other one and hat. That babe's not due till January, but I wanted to get this done by Thanksgiving.

THEN at the beauty shop today the hairdresser asked if I make things for people and I said yeah. So, now I've got another sweater set with booties and hat!!! (no more sock yarn sweaters for me)!!

AND a blanket that is with miter squares for a Christmas present
AND a Christmas stocking that "just" needs to be finished. Toe, seamed and weaving in ends.

My coworkers haven't seen me finish ANYTHING since I've been there (August). I'm starting to get a bit of a reputation of a non-finisher.

Lady Violet
11-14-2007, 10:28 PM
oh poo. i thought you knitted a pickle. :teehee:

don't worry about your "reputation". i have one of those, and it's just with myself! (i choose not to think about what other people think about the fact that i haven't really finished anything of any great significance in quite some time.) christmas is just around the corner, and you will have all of that finished by then. it will be worth it when you finally get to walk into work with a really long list of everything you've finished. the self-satisfaction won't be too shabby, either. :wink:

if it makes you feel any better, the needles for probably most of the christmas presents i'm knitting (and yes, i'm knitting ALL of them :roflhard:) just got mailed today. i've currently got one OTN and 8 bagillion to go. or there abouts. :teehee:

suzeeq
11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Say no, or `maybe later, I've got too much to do with holidays coming up' to about half those requests. You can't do it all....

Ironlung21
11-15-2007, 03:33 AM
You have my sympathies.

Christmas holidays have the ability to turn everything you normally really like into a chore - knitting, shopping for other people, cooking for other people, drinking with other people....

Mark it up as an early attack of the holiday blues and dont panic. Or alternatively lock the door and stay in doors for a couple of days knitting to clear the backlog (if only!)

SteveDallas
11-15-2007, 03:46 AM
I was hoping for some pickle yarn.

Debkcs
11-15-2007, 05:33 AM
At the rate I'm going, the people on my Christmas list are going to get a skein of yarn and a set of needles as their gift. Along with the pattern, of course. So, don't feel bad, you're not the only one that 'overbooks' themself. :lol:

HeatherFeather
11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Most of this was that I forgot about the knitting "job" I had promised myself. I got caught up in the helping people part, and normally not such a big deal.....

but the guy came in and said, can you knit a blanket for my sis...?
I don't really like knitting blankets, so was going to suggest something else (read quicker), and then he said that the baby's due on the 20th...ACK....So, I said, howbout a car seat blanket.

I did that in about 2.5 days....big yarn, big needles. Looks different than your "typical" baby blankie.

I've been communicating with a woman for two years about knitting for her, and it's ALWAYS fell through. I basically dropped the ball on it at my end, and that's my biggest pickle right now. I totally forgot about it, and normally it wouldn't be a big deal...

So....Lord willing I WILL be able to knit the sweater this weekend. It's really slow at work on Fridays and Sundays....so hopefully I'll be able to get it in the mail by Monday!!!

And believe you me...I know how to say no!!!

lelvsdgs
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
I did find a knitted pickle pattern out there: knitted pickle pattern (http://www.mummble-jummble2.blogspot.com/)

hocns
11-16-2007, 06:16 AM
I thought only I did that sort of thing. Every so often I finish off a bunch of stuff in one shot; it leaves you with a really good, sort of free, feeling, and a reason to start at least 12 more new things.

knitncook
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
this is precisely why I don't knit for other people. I hate deadlines and it sucks all the joy out of knitting for me. I did this once and ended up feeling overwhelmed and hated the whole process. I usually love to knit, but this just made it horrid. So I said never again. And when people ask if I'll knit for them, I just smile and say, "No; but I'll teach you to knit."