PDA

View Full Version : I think I can, I think I can. . .

brittyknits
11-15-2007, 12:53 AM
To anyone who is frustrated and thinks about giving up-- oh yes, you can!
A few weeks ago, mommyto2presidents posted some questions because she got stuck on the pants she was working on for her pre-schooler. Come to find out, she taught herself to knit just a couple of months ago and it turns out that this was her first real knitting project, ever. I answered. She had more questions. I answered again. Back and forth we went, and 91 posts later, she has completed them, increases, decreases, gussets, divided legs and all. I can’t believe she stuck with it-- at that point in my knitting career, I would have thrown in the towel after about the 3rd round. But she kept at it and LOOK! (photos near end of thread of “Sorry for so many questions“) I believe a round of applause is in order:yay: :yay: :yay:

lostchyld
11-15-2007, 01:04 AM
Congratulations to her and Kudos to you as well for helping her. I don't have the patience to answer lots of questions. Well done, both of you.

The.Knitter
11-15-2007, 01:12 AM
Way to go for both of you. Amy & Sheldon will be pleased. This is exactly what this sort of community is for! You both deserve a pat on the back!!!

boo1
11-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Patience and persistence pays off! What a great board! :grphug:

mommyto2presidents
11-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Well, I have to say, I could NOT have done it without Brittyknits. :muah: What a lifesaver.... Not only was I learning how to knit on this project (I had only done small swatch samples before), but I was having to learn to knit and follow a pattern. She was invaluable to me, walked me through every step of the way and explained it in terms that were easy for me to follow!!

This has to be the BEST board for learning to knit. I've never actually seen anyone knit in person and I was able to learn from watching Amy's video's. She's an amazing knitter to be able to do that.

Kudo's to the board and a big cheer for Brittyknits!! HOORAY!! :yay:

Newbie2Knitting
11-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I just looked at the other thread & took a peek at the FO. All I can say is *WOW*!!! I've been playing with little teensy squares practicing all kinds of different patterns since summer and *finally* finished my first project. It was only a baby hooded cardigan. You are my new hero!!! And a big thank you to brittyknits for all the step by step help. I'm making you my muse. ;)

cindycactus
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Wow. Congratulations to mommyto2presidents for hanging in there and finishing the project. Saw the pictures and I am impressed for a first FO. Also to brittyknits for all her help.:cheering: :yay:

brittyknits
11-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey, this is great-- I'm getting some credit, and I didn't even knit 1 stitch of it!:rofl: I need to figure out to do this in other areas of my life, as well:rofl:. But seriously-- she did all the work, and had to figure out how to ask the right questions, which I think is pretty fantastic in its own right. I think it's just a magnificent job, even if it were her 10th project, instead of her first! Pretty soon, I'm[I] going to be the one asking [I]her questions!

mommyto2presidents
11-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I just looked at the other thread & took a peek at the FO. All I can say is *WOW*!!! I've been playing with little teensy squares practicing all kinds of different patterns since summer and *finally* finished my first project. It was only a baby hooded cardigan. You are my new hero!!! And a big thank you to brittyknits for all the step by step help. I'm making you my muse. ;)

good for you my fellow newbie!!!

I should try a cardigan but my kids are getting older so I would need one for an older child.. Hmmm... sounds challenging!! :roflhard:

DreamWeaver
11-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Rock on, both of you. Spread the knitting love :heart: