PDA

View Full Version : I wuv my grandma!

jess_hawk
11-15-2007, 02:49 AM
My grandma is always very concerned about what to get me for Christmas. So a couple of months ago, we were talking, and the idea of getting knitting stuff came up. So, she said she would get me some yarn. My stipulation was we had to buy from the Yarn Shoppe up here in the QC, so she agreed to drive up and have lunch at Olive Garden and then go yarn shopping. We ended up providing for Christmas AND birthday (my birthday is in the beginning of February, so its logical to buy it all at once) - I'm getting FIVE :inlove: skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Wool Worsted in Baltic... a yarn that I have been drooling over since May but haven't been able to afford:drool: . AND an extra long Addi needle for learning to do a moebius:muah: . That's two extra skeins above what I was hoping for:woot: . Now I just have to decide what to make from the Baltic...:think: I don't usually use variagated yarns so I don't know what patterns will look good. I know I want to do a hat and gloves with three of the skeins (for anyone who doesn't know, I have a strong aversion to scarves). :out:

scout52
11-15-2007, 03:42 AM
You have one rocking grandma!!!!

Debkcs
11-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Wow, your grandma loves you, too! What a nice lady she must be.

boo1
11-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds like gorgeous yarn-enjoy!!!!!! :heart:

Abbily
11-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Grandmas are awesome, aren't they? :) Mine taught me to knit. :)

spooky
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
That ROCKS!! You're grandma is AWESOME!!!!:yay:

michellebreton
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
That's really cool! Do you have to wait for the aformentioned events, or do you get the goods right away?

Michelle

jess_hawk
11-15-2007, 01:39 PM
That's really cool! Do you have to wait for the aformentioned events, or do you get the goods right away?

Michelle
I do have to wait for the events, but actually at the moment I have enough OTN to keep me going until Christmas, plus the stuff has to be ordered, so we dont' have it yet.

Grandmas are awesome, aren't they? :) Mine taught me to knit. :)

Yep. Grandparents in general are wonderful. My grandma taught me to knit, too! My other grandma taught me to crochet.

lelvsdgs
11-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Wow! Great yarn, presents and you get to have lunch with Grandma!?! You are a lucky lady indeed! Grandmas are wonderfull, mine taught me to knit as well...