PDA

View Full Version : Thank You !!! Thank You !!!!!

ChristineDoucet
11-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I am currently knitting the hermionee mittens from Charmed Knits. I was just dreading knitting them and was not sure if I wanted to continue knitting them. Let's just say the cabeling on every second row was getting to me.... And then I remembered I had seen a posting on KH a couple months ago about knitting cables with out the cable needle. I found the link and tried it and I'm just flying throught this pattern now !!!! I'm sooooo happy and Just wanted to share with everyone !!!!!:happydance:

auburnchick
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Isn't this a wonderful place! Thank goodness for the search button, eh?

inkaholic
11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I think I'm going to try that too! I just watched the video. The whole "extra needle" thing gets me so confused. (Needless to say DPNs and I don't get along too well).

Skater
11-15-2007, 04:31 PM
That's very encouraging. I've been wondering how hard it was. Maybe I'll try it too.

Becky Morgan
11-18-2007, 11:49 AM
Go for it! It isn't hard. I'm making a bunch of fingerless gloves from the Red Heart cell phone cover pattern (it's the right size!) and unless you knit super-tight, you can just push two stitches forward or back, or you can swap them around on the needle without too much fuss. It works.