PDA

View Full Version : Felting question...

cindygster
11-15-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm working on a felted kitty bed, and I'm a little concerned about how it's turning out. I've never felted before. The beginning of the pattern calls for me to knit on DPN's till I've increased enough to switch to circulars. Now that I've started the circulars, I'm finding that the knitting I did on the DPN's isn't as good as I'd thought. I had to use size 11 DPN's and OMG were those weird to use. It's not my first time using DPN's, but the fatness of the needles caused some inconsistancy in my stitches. Will these "felt out"? I had to frog it so many times while I was using the DPN's because of how clumsy I was with the fatter needles, and I really dont' want to have to do that again.:frog:

Thanks all!!!
:muah:

Pudify
11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
The beauty of felt, is that mistakes normaly blend in xD Personaly I wouldnt worry about it, when its felted, it all looks the same .. think of it like eating an ugly piece of toast .. it all looks the same in your stomach :P Ok ok, bad example, but you know whatI mean xD

cindygster
11-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Okay good...I swear if I had to frog this blasted thing again I was just gonna throw in the towel and start an entirely different project. Thank you so much!:hug:

vaknitter
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I love felted projects for the very fact that felting covers up a lot of mistakes. Plus, the kitty will never know : )

Ingrid
11-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Yup, felting hides a lot of sins, as does a sleeping cat.:teehee:

hocns
11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
The cats will definitely not mind, but if you find you truly hate it, you can send it to me. I have seven, and they are bedless.

cindygster
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
The cats will definitely not mind, but if you find you truly hate it, you can send it to me. I have seven, and they are bedless.

Lol!! I'll have to keep that in mind! :happydance: