PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

alleusion
11-16-2007, 12:01 AM
I want to make my mother something. I've got way too many projects going on to be able to make it in time for Christmas, but I want to make her something. The problem is I have no idea what.

She lives in San Bernadino, CA, so a scarf / hat / mittens kind of thing isn't really practical. Plus I don't think she'd wear a hat. If I go for a sweater, I want something that's not going to take me months to get through....and isn't going to cost me my rent payment in yarn.

I've tried searching and just haven't been able to find "the thing". Anyone have some ideas?

dustinac
11-16-2007, 12:43 AM
In CA would she have a need for a shawl or wrap? socks? umm handbag? or a bath mitt...or face cloth...:happydance:

alleusion
11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
socks are a good idea...I was also tossing around the thought of felted clogs. Never having felted anything before, it would be a challenge, but I think worth it.

drummerboi202
11-16-2007, 01:00 AM
You could knit her a mug cozy, if she drinks tea or coffee alot. Here's a great pattern: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=15524.0

alleusion
11-16-2007, 01:26 AM
I know she used to be a huge coffee and tea drinker, alternating depending on her mood and caffiene needs for the day. I think this is a great idea....it's small enough to be quick, and if I do slippers or a shawl, I can make them match.

Ivy-Poo
11-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I like the handbag or shawl idea!