PDA

View Full Version : Couple of small FO's

The.Knitter
11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
I have just a couple of small Fo's which kept me in "practice" while I took a day long break from baby blankets and baby outfits.

The DH's fingerless gloves that I made him a few weeks ago were far too big and I didn't like the yarn they were made from. After a trip to Michael's today, I settled on Bernat Satin for his new gloves.

Also, I raided my stash. It is starting to get cold up here in the great north country and I needed a pair of slippers. Instead of going out and buying some (no money left after yarn shopping today) I decided to raid my stash and knit a pair. I found two part balls of Mary Maxim Titan Bulky. This is the end result.

KnittingNat
11-16-2007, 04:45 AM
You're fast! And i love your slippers. What pattern is that?

The.Knitter
11-16-2007, 04:48 AM
Can't remember where I got it, I think it was on here. I don't remember the name of it though. It was one of those things where the writer sends you to their blog to get the pattern. Sorry I can't be more help.

KnittingNat
11-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Never mind that, they're gorgeous anyway:inlove:

ritaw
11-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Love Them! The gloves look great:)

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-16-2007, 09:40 AM
It's my PATTERN.. please go to my blog.. and you'll see it.

I'm so glad that you made your slippers from my pattern- they look good! :D:cheering:

geez... how quickly one is forgotten.. :***(
:D

The.Knitter
11-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Sorry, you can see by the time I posted it that it was way late at night and all I wanted was my pillow! You weren't really forgotten. I am sorry!

dustinac
11-16-2007, 12:59 PM
:cheering: Everything looks great!!

mhansen
11-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Nice job! I like the slippers. They're cute.

dmknits
11-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Those look nice. Good job. :)

Ivy-Poo
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
wow very nice! I love the slippers!

knitgal
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
They're both great! I bet your hubby will love those for work when it gets colder- heck who am I kidding? It already IS colder!
Those slippers are adorable on you- great stash buster!

alleusion
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
What's sad is that we started the gloves at the same time, and I only have 3 1/2 inches done total on one! We teased each other back and forth about how fast (or slow) we were going on MSN. In my defense though, I'm making mine for my daughter for Christmas and I couldn't really sit there and knit them while she was next to me. She's at a friend's house tonight though, so watch out!

I like the slippers hun, I told you the colors were pretty!

The.Knitter
11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
The forest green and sage green together is such a nice fresh combination. I love it. Until recently I did not like green at all, then I moved in here and am surrounded by it, so it was either learn to like it or suffer. Anyways, I was power knitting last night. Don't feel badly about me finishing first. No KAL, private or public, ever finishes exactly at he same time. Plus, I was so itchy from feeling up that mohair that I could not sleep. When I can't sleep, I knit.

Today my hands are all cracked and chapped looking, which I should have known would happen when I was flirting with danger at Michael's. It happens every time I am near real wool or mohair. Sure did have fun though! So nice to have a friend to knit shop with.

DH wore his gloves to work today and he really loves them. Have a great evening. Happy Knitting!

Tutu Carol
11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Nice Knitting!!

The.Knitter
11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Today my hands are all cracked and chapped looking, which I should have known would happen when I was flirting with danger at Michael's. It happens every time I am near real wool or mohair.

So last night I sent the DH to get me some Benadryl. I am having a full blown allergic reaction to the mohair. I have "lobster claws" and I am itchy everywhere. When I take the Benadryl I pass out for a few hours. For right now I can't knit because my hands are so sore. Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to knit again.

:waah: :ick:

MerigoldinWA
11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Very nice. Looks like a simple fingerless glove pattern, no little holes for each finger. :-) Your slippers look like a perfect fit.